Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-uswg-fyi4-bis-00.txt (fwd)

From: April Marine <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 13:27:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

Thanks to Ray, in record time, here is the next version of the FYI 4
update.  We had to change the name, but we know what we mean.  This
includes the changes discussed in Minn.

Pls consider this Working Group Last Call!!!!

Pls get comments to Ray by May 21.  At that point, we will see where
consensus is on suggested changes, incorporate popular ones, rev the doc,
then send it straight to the IESG.

This is your last chance!

Very large thanks to Ray!

regards,
your chair,
April

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 16:06:41 -0400
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-uswg-fyi4-bis-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the User Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: FYI on Questions and Answers Answers to Commonly asked New Internet User Questions
	Author(s)	: E. Krol, R. Plzak, A. Wells
	Filename	: draft-ietf-uswg-fyi4-bis-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 30-Apr-99
	
This memo provides an overview to the new Internet User.  The
intended audience is the common Internet user of today, thus it
attempts to provide a more consumer oriented approach to the Internet
rather than going into any depth about a topic.  Unlike its
predecessors, this edition seeks to answer the general questions that
an unsophisticated consumer would ask as opposed to the more pointed
questions of the more a technically sophisticated Internet user.
Users desiring a more in-depth discussion are directed to FYI 7 that
deals with intermediate and advanced Q/A topics.  A conscious effort
has been made to keep this memo brief but at the same time provide
the new user with enough information to generally understand the
Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-uswg-fyi4-bis-00.txt