Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-uswg-fyi4-bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 10:41:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the User Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: FYI on Questions and Answers Answers to Commonly asked
                          New Internet User Questions
	Author(s)	: R. Plzak, A. Wells, E. Krol	
        Filename	: draft-ietf-uswg-fyi4-bis-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 24-May-99
	
This memo provides an overview to the new Internet User.  The
intended audience is the common Internet user of today, thus it
attempts to provide a more consumer oriented approach to the Internet
rather than going into any depth about a topic.  Unlike its
predecessors, this edition seeks to answer the general questions that
an unsophisticated consumer would ask as opposed to the more pointed
questions of the more a technically sophisticated Internet user.
Users desiring a more in-depth discussion are directed to FYI 7 that
deals with intermediate and advanced Q/A topics.  A conscious effort
has been made to keep this memo brief but at the same time provide
the new user with enough information to generally understand the
Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-uswg-fyi4-bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-uswg-fyi4-bis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-uswg-fyi4-bis-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.