Subject: TERENA Publish Revised Edition of the GNRT (fwd)

From: April Marine <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 08:42:31 -0700 (PDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 14:52:20 +0200
From: Nicola Warren <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: TERENA Publish Revised Edition of the GNRT

TERENA Publish Revised Edition of the GNRT
------------------------------------------

TERENA are pleased to announce the publication of a new edition of the
highly successful 'Guide to Network Resource Tools' (GNRT).

The new edition is an extensively updated version of the previous GNRT,
released in 1997, containing information on a wide range of popular tasks
and tools used on the Internet today. The Guide was written by Margaret
Isaacs of MagNet Internet Training and Consultancy in collaboration with
members of the TERENA community. The GNRT is intended as a guide for
newcomers to the Internet and also serves as reference material for those
with more experience.

The new GNRT contains comprehensive coverage of popular resources, tools,
and software available on the Internet.  It covers topics ranging from
exploring and searching for information on the Web, real-time and group
communication, publishing information on the Web and security and encryption.

Many sections of the guide have been thoroughly revised to keep up-to-date
with the latest Internet developments. A useful Appendix has also been
added listing file extensions for many different file formats and the
associated software with which the different file types can be decoded,
read, listened to or viewed.

The new version of the GNRT is now available on the TERENA WWW server at:

http://www.terena.nl/libr/gnrt/

The WWW page also contains instructions for downloading the document in
HTML or Word format for personal or public use on PCs running Windows or
Windows NT, Apple Macintoshes, and UNIX machines.

Later this year a professionally printed version of the GNRT will be
available for sale from Addison Wesley Longman, a leading academic
publisher.  Once again, TERENA members will be given the opportunity to
purchase copies of the book at a discounted price.

For further information please contact:

TERENA Secretariat, E-mail: [email-masked], Tel: +31 20-530-4488