Subject: more re London uswg mtg planning

From: April Marine <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:41:29 -0700 (PDT)

It occurs to me that Paul H. is probably not on this list as he is the
only one who didn't respond. ;)

Looks like, of the drafts I noted previously, many are not going to be
addressed in London as the authors won't be there.

So, before I do an agenda, one more round...

       o  FYI 7 working draft - Ray Plzak

Ray says he'll be there and we'll have a draft.  Ray, do you have an ETA
for the draft so people can review before the mtg?

still pending...

        o What is the IETF?  Paul Hoffman

This is the doc we've adopted from poisson.  Paul will be in London, but
has a conflict with USWG.  I will put it on the agenda and collect
comments, so do give it a read.  It is like version -05 already, so has
had quite a bit of work, but your feedback is appreciated.

What am I overlooking?  Does anyone wish to talk about anything else?
Yuri?

thanks!
A.

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:53:49 -0700

At 11:41 AM -0700 7/24/01, April Marine wrote:
>has a conflict with USWG.

Right: IPsec. Kinda important for the director of VPNC to show up 
for. :-) Remember that Scott Bradner is co-author.

>I will put it on the agenda and collect

There has only been one substantiative comment on this draft. It's on 
a topic that was a bit heated on Poisson, and we keep thrashing on it.

At 3:59 PM -0700 4/17/01, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>X-Sender: [email-masked]
>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Version 5.1
>Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:59:42 -0700
>To: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
>From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: Final WG Review: draft-hoffman-what-is-ietf-05.txt
>Cc: John Border <[email-masked]>, John C Klensin <[email-masked]>,
>         [email-masked]
>Sender: [email-masked]
>
>At 04:05 PM 1/17/01, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>>John Border wrote:
>>>
>>>  This is a nit but...
>>>
>>>    "ISOC is an international organization incorporated as a non-profit
>>>    in the US with thousands of individual and corporate members
>>>    throughout the world who pay membership fees to join."
>
>Why not just use the ISOC's own words to describe it?
>         "The Internet Society is a non-profit, non-governmental,
>         international, professional membership organization."
>         (source: http://www.isoc.org/)
>
>Is there a need to say more?

I like our wording better, but I like Kurt's logic better. Advise is 
appreciated.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: April Marine <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:50:41 -0700 (PDT)

> for. :-) Remember that Scott Bradner is co-author.

   I am sorry--I do keep forgetting Scott is co-auth (it's the draft name
   that throws me).  Apologies Scott.

   I am going to put this on the agenda and see if we get more comments.
   If not, we'll move the puppy along.

  thanks!
   A.

---

From: Walter Houser <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:55:20 -0400

Although I won't be physically in London, I am interested in the FYI-7
draft. Would Ray or someone kindly post a url for us to comment?  I have
this nagging memory of having a contribution but I can't remember if that
was reality or fantasy.

--
Walt Houser, VA Webmaster http://www.va.gov/
VA Privacy Notice for Information Collected from E-mails and Web Forms
http://www.va.gov/privacy/email.asp