Subject: [Uta] Protocol Action: 'Use of Transport Layer Security (TLS) in the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-uta-xmpp-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11:19:02 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Use of Transport Layer Security (TLS) in the Extensible Messaging and
   Presence Protocol (XMPP)'
  (draft-ietf-uta-xmpp-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Using TLS in Applications Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-xmpp/

Technical Summary

   This document provides recommendations for the use of Transport Layer
   Security (TLS) in the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol
   (XMPP).  This document updates RFC 6120.

   The document is intended for standards track.

Working Group Summary

  The document extends the UTA TLS BCP to cover XMPP specifics and as
  such is comparatively less controversial but has still seen enough 
  review to determine consensus. The document has been last-called in 
  both the XMPP and UTA WGs.

  The review has been mostly done by a small circle of interested
  individuals. 

Document Quality

  Three are I believe implementations that match this spec.

Personnel

   Shepherd: Leif Johansson
   Irresponsible AD: Stephen Farrell