Subject: Re: [Uta] I-D Action: draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs-02.txt

From: Chris Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 11:14:30 -0700

I've reviewed this document and support its advancement as is or with minor
changes.

Only nit I found is the SMTP Submission reference should be updated from 4409
to 6409.

One possible clarification, if you feel like it:

 _imap.example.net SRV-ID is needed to use STARTTLS on the imap port
 _imaps.example.net SRV-ID is needed to use imaps

The statement that both are needed is appropriate, but it wasn't clear why from
the document.

		- Chris

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 11:49:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Using TLS in Applications Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Updated TLS Server Identity Check Procedure for Email Related Protocols
        Author          : Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2015-03-23

Abstract:
   This document describes TLS server identity verification procedure
   for SMTP Submission, IMAP, POP and ManageSieve clients.  It replaces
   Section 2.4 of RFC 2595.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 14:20:10 +0100

Hi Sean,

On 23/03/2015 20:42, Sean Turner wrote:
> I read version -02 and think it’s a fine document.  One nit s/Certificate Authority/Certification Authority in s1 but you can fix that if anything else comes up.
Fixed in my copy, thank you.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 14:24:19 +0100

Hi Chris,
Thank you for your review.

> Only nit I found is the SMTP Submission reference should be updated from 4409
Done.
> The statement that both are needed is appropriate, but it wasn't clear why from
Added, thank you.