Subject: [Uta] Adam Roach's Yes on draft-ietf-uta-smtp-require-tls-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 23:14:25 -0800

Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-uta-smtp-require-tls-07: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-smtp-require-tls/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the work everyone did on this specification. I'm happy to see the
state-of-the-art for email security continuing to move forward. I noticed one
minor inconsistency in the document that you probably want to address.

§2 specifies:

>  1.  The textual name of the extension is "Require TLS".

While §7 indicates:

>  Textual name:               RequireTLS

I belive you'll want to rationalize the presence/absence of a space between these
two sections.

---

From: Jim Fenton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 11:42:06 -0800

Good catch; thanks! I'm adding the space in Section 7.

-Jim