Subject: [Uta] I-D Action: draft-ietf-uta-rfc7525bis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 08:54:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Using TLS in Applications WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Recommendations for Secure Use of Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)
        Authors         : Yaron Sheffer
                          Peter Saint-Andre
                          Thomas Fossati
	Filename        : draft-ietf-uta-rfc7525bis-06.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2022-03-24

Abstract:
   Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram Transport Layer Security
   (DTLS) are widely used to protect data exchanged over application
   protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, IMAP, POP, SIP, and XMPP.  Over the
   years, the industry has witnessed several serious attacks on TLS and
   DTLS, including attacks on the most commonly used cipher suites and
   their modes of operation.  This document provides recommendations for
   improving the security of deployed services that use TLS and DTLS.
   The recommendations are applicable to the majority of use cases.

   An earlier version of this document was published as RFC 7525 when
   the industry was in the midst of its transition to TLS 1.2.  Years
   later this transition is largely complete and TLS 1.3 is widely
   available.  This document updates the guidance, given the new
   environment.  In addition, the document updates RFC 5288 and RFC 6066
   in view of recent attacks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-rfc7525bis/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-uta-rfc7525bis-06.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-uta-rfc7525bis-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts