Subject: [V3] Dispatch-WG Draft On SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) FYI

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 17:56:57 -0400

Hello my ript friends. I'm looking forward to the BoF!

But today, as co-chair of the ART Dispatch WG I am writing to let you know
about a draft that will be presented in that group on a 'as time allowed
basis' during the virtual meeting next week. We believe you may have some
interest and expertise in its content.

The draft is https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sharabayko-mops-srt/

Abstract

   This document specifies Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) protocol.
   SRT is a user-level protocol over User Datagram Protocol and provides
   reliability and security optimized for low latency live video
   streaming, as well as generic bulk data transfer.  For this, SRT
   introduces control packet extension, improved flow control, enhanced
   congestion control and a mechanism for data encryption.

After consultation with the transport and art AD's we believe this may be
of interest to both communities. The goal of the dispatch WG is to help
identify the next step of a draft that is not currently adopted by a WG
(possibilities include but are not limited to a BoF, an existing WG, a new
WG, or more refinement on mailing lists). The group makes recommendations
but cannot actually require any of those actions. Come be part of our group!

Information on the Dispatch WG mailing list is here:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch

The virtual  meeting is Monday at 22:10 UTC aka
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=dispatch+meeting&iso=20200323T2210&p1=1440&ah=2

This work at least intersects with the interests of several areas and
groups, so please tolerate multiple copies of this invitation.

-Patrick