Subject: V6ops: Service Provider IPv6 Deployments

From: "Dwight Jamieson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:34:31 -0500

Are there sources available that track the trends within the more active
Service Providers about how many /48 addresses they are allocating? How
many tunnels are they supporting?

I have seen how many aggregated addresses are advertised in the core and
how that is increasing. It would be interesting to see what is happening
closer to the edge.

Cheers,
Dwight

---

From: Jeroen Massar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:46:43 +0100

> many tunnels are they supporting?

XS26 claim to have 10500 tunnels with 9947 subnets.
(From http://www.xs26.net/stat.bat)

A list of tunnel brokers around the world can be found at
http://www.sixxs.net/tools/aiccu/brokers/ but most don't have any public
statistics available.

SixXS, being one of the larger public tunnel providers, currently have
almost 4700 _active_ tunnels.

Number of tunnels (/64's) /subnets (/48's) toward end users/sites:
http://www.sixxs.net/misc/growth/

Traffic Stats:
http://www.sixxs.net/misc/traffic/

Where the users come from:
http://www.sixxs.net/misc/usage/

A lot more stats can be found under http://www.sixxs.net/misc/
eg DFP's that are getting announced: http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/dfp/
according to which 52.58% (590 prefixes) are being announced of the
blocks that are allocated from the various RIR's.

Greets,
 Jeroen

---

From: Mohacsi Janos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:30:12 +0100 (CET)

> many tunnels are they supporting?

For example NIIF/HUNGARNET allocated approximately 80 /48 and 5 tunnels. I 
think number of tunnels is bad metrics. Most of ISP is providing IPv6 
natively nowadays.....

> how that is increasing. It would be interesting to see what is happening

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 00F9AF98: 8645 1312 D249 471B DBAE  21A2 9F52 0D1F 00F9 AF98