Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-chown-v6ops-campus-transition-03.txt

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:30:01 +0100

Hi,

I have given this personal draft an update.   If there is any interest in
the WG in such a document then we're happy to continue it further.

The initial idea was to validate the Enterprise Scenarios text, which we
feel it did for our scenario, and it was subsequently expanded to be
a more detailed view of our transition (or rather integration) process.

Tim

   Title	: IPv6 Campus Transition Scenario Description and Analysis
   Author(s)	: T. Chown
   Filename	: draft-chown-v6ops-campus-transition-03.txt
   Pages	: 29
   Date		: 2006-6-29
	
   In this document we consider and analyse the specific scenario of
   IPv6 transition and deployment in a large department of a university
   campus network.  The department is large enough to operate its own
   instances of all the conventional university services including (for
   example) web, DNS, email, filestore, interactive logins, and remote
   and wireless access.  The scenario is a dual-stack one, i.e.
   transition to IPv6 means deploying IPv6 in the first instance
   alongside IPv4.  This analysis identifies the available (and still
   missing) components for IPv6 transition, while validating the
   applicability of the IPv6 Enterprise Network Scenarios informational
   text.

   A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-v6ops-campus-transition-03.txt