Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-00.txt

From: "Gunter Van de Velde \(gvandeve\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 22:50:06 +0200

Dear all,

Feedback on this draft is appreciated.

Main changes with previous draft are in the embedded-RP section and 
the anycast section.

ISP case study is still in progres with the volunteers from 
the meeting in dallas.

Brgds,
G/

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 9:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 Unicast Address Assignment Considerations
	Author(s)	: G. Van de Velde, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2006-6-2
	
One fundamental aspect of any IP communications infrastructure is its
addressing plan.  With its new address architecture and allocation policies,
the introduction of IPv6 into a network means that network designers and
operators need to reconsider their existing approaches to network
addressing.  Lack of guideliness on handling this aspect of network design
could slow down the integration of IPv6.  This draft aims to provide the
information and recommendations relevant to planning the addressing aspects
of IPv6 deployments.  The draft also provides IPv6 addressing case studies
for both an enterprise and an ISP network.  In this first version of the
draft we aim to provoke discussion on this important topic; more detailed
case study texts will follow.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in, type
"cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.