Subject: trumped-up

From: Ninon Preston <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 19:05:12 +0100

Pine Siskins, in particular, are prone to salmonellosis, a bacterial
disease.

Harlequins are unique in other ways, too.

One crow is just a crow.

Male Northern Shovelers have regained their deep emerald head feathers
and rich brown flanks. One piercing, cheerful yelp catches your ear.

Yet one immense field appears snow-covered, blanketed in white.

Harlequins are unique in other ways, too. Long ago the tide did not ebb
and flow, but stayed close to shore.

The ducks seem oblivious to the cold, even as they stand on ice-covered
lakes and streams.

It has a pleasing and rhythmical song, which it sings even in winter.
Like our flu, there are many commonly occurring avian types.

A Red-tailed Hawk soars on broad, rounded wings, the epitome of
effortless flight. Snow Geese migrate long distances, stopping at
traditional stopover and wintering areas.

Driving the freeway or a narrow country road, you may glance up to a
light pole where a large hawk sits in plain view.

Urban owls escape the harsh weather of northern Canada or the Cascade or
Rocky Mountains, spending the winter in somewhat milder climes.

Male Northern Shovelers have regained their deep emerald head feathers
and rich brown flanks. Winter is a great time to travel to Latin America
for birdwatching. Putting out a feeder is easy.

But its song belies a rather bloodthirsty feeding habit. Like our flu,
there are many commonly occurring avian types.

Could this be the same sound you remember from a Saturday morning in
your childhood? A clean feeder is a life-and-death matter to some birds.
Yet one immense field appears snow-covered, blanketed in white. The call
of the Common Loon brings to mind a summer visit to northern lakes with
sunny blue skies.

Although Common Loons rarely breed in Washington State, large numbers do
visit during winter. The call of the Common Loon brings to mind a summer
visit to northern lakes with sunny blue skies.

Winter is a great time to travel to Latin America for birdwatching.
Beginning in the Sixteenth Century, local lads would go forth for a
yearly wren hunt. The call of the Common Loon brings to mind a summer
visit to northern lakes with sunny blue skies.