Subject: Small comment on draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 10:29:30 -0800

I'm sure the idea of repeating recommendations in the "Summary of  
Recommendations" section will be sort of controversial at some point,  
however, I would really like to encourage you to add the summary as  
you have it in the draft now. I have had much better luck getting  
things like this adopted in products  from folks like Linksys and  
Netgear when I could hand a product manager a page of requirements  
that they could cut and paste into their product requirements  
specifications. If this is summary of recommendation contains all the  
normative language you need, I think it really helps make it easier  
to get the vendors to adopt this. Unlike much of the equipment that  
implements IETF protocols, the types of devices you are describing  
here are often contracted out using an ODM model and being able to  
express requirements like this makes it easier to include them.

I suspect we don't have a lot of product manager for the types of  
devices we are talking about participating in this WG but if this  
document makes their life easy, that would be good.

I'm not sure what to say about multicast but I'm sure that advice  
would be useful.

Cullen <with my individual hat on>