Subject: Agenda for IETF 70

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 08:44:55 -0800

IPv6 Operations will meet twice during IETF 70, once for our normal  
discussions, and once to discuss the status of the IPv4-IPv6  
transition. This is the proposed agenda.

IPv6 Operations "normal" meeting:
Monday, 3 December, 3:20 PM

1. Opening                                             5 min
    - Agenda approval

2. Document status                                    30 mins

    - draft-ietf-v6ops-802-16-deployment-scenarios-04
    - draft-ietf-v6ops-scanning-implications-04
    - draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-07
    - draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-02
    - draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-req-04
    - draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3330-for-ipv6-03
    - draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security-00
	
3. draft-chown-v6ops-rogue-ra-00                      20 mins

4. draft-vandevelde-v6ops-ra-guard-00                 20 mins

5. draft-krishnan-v6ops-teredo-update-00.txt and      20 mins
    draft-ietf-v6ops-teredo-security-concerns-01

IPv6 Transition discussion:
Thursday 6 December, 1:00 PM

1. Opening                                            10 mins
     - Agenda Bashing
     - Introductory remarks

2. Requirements
     - Jordi Palet                                     10 mins
       current IPv6 volume (RIPE talk redux)
     - Marcello Bagnulo                                10 mins
       draft-bagnulo-v6ops-6man-nat64-pb-statement
     - Alain Durand                                    10 mins
       draft-durand-v6ops-natv4v6v4
     - Elwyn Davies                                    10 mins
       requirements based on RFC 4966

3. Possible solutions
     - Iljitsch van Beijnum                            20 mins
        draft-van-beijnum-modified-nat-pt-02.txt
        draft-carpenter-shanti-01.txt

4. Summary of discussion                              10 mins
    Fred Baker

5. AD-led discussion of the problems and possible solutions
    Jari Arkko, Ron Bonica

Objective: v6ops to produce combined document describing requirements  
for a solution.

current documents:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bagnulo-v6ops-6man-nat64-pb-statement
   "IPv6 - IPv4 Translators (NAT64) - Problem Statement and  
Analysis", Marcelo
   Bagnulo, 13-Nov-07, <draft-bagnulo-v6ops-6man-nat64-pb- 
statement-00.txt>

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chown-v6ops-rogue-ra
   "Rogue IPv6 Router Advertisement Problem Statement", Tim Chown,  
Stig Venaas,
   12-Nov-07, <draft-chown-v6ops-rogue-ra-00.txt>

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-durand-v6ops-natv4v6v4
   "Non dual-stack IPv6 deployments for broadband providers", Alain  
Durand,
   13-Nov-07, <draft-durand-v6ops-natv4v6v4-00.txt>

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon
   "IPv6 Unicast Address Assignment Considerations", Gunter Van de  
Velde, Chip
   Popoviciu, Tim Chown, Olaf Bonness, Christian Hahn, 7-Nov-07,
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-07.txt>

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps
   "Problem Statement of Default Address Selection in Multi-prefix  
Environment:
   Operational Issues of RFC3484 Default Rules", Arifumi Matsumoto,  
12-Oct-07,
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-02.txt>

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-req
   "Requirements for address selection mechanisms", Arifumi  
Matsumoto, 8-Nov-07,
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-req-04.txt>

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3330-for-ipv6
   "Special-Use IPv6 Addresses", Marc Blanchet, 5-Oct-07,
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3330-for-ipv6-03.txt>

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-scanning-implications
   "IPv6 Implications for Network Scanning", Tim Chown, 19-Nov-07,
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-scanning-implications-04.txt>

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-teredo-security-concerns
   "Teredo Security Concerns", James Hoagland, Suresh Krishnan, 16- 
Nov-07,
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-teredo-security-concerns-01.txt>

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-krishnan-v6ops-teredo-update
   "Teredo Security Updates", Suresh Krishnan, James Hoagland, 16- 
Nov-07,
   <draft-krishnan-v6ops-teredo-update-01.txt>

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vandevelde-v6ops-ra-guard
   "IPv6 RA-Guard", Gunter Van de Velde, Eric Levy-Abegnoli, Chip  
Popoviciu,
   Janos Mohacsi, 12-Nov-07, <draft-vandevelde-v6ops-ra-guard-00.txt>

Older documents:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arifumi-v6ops-addr-select-sol
   "Solution approaches for address-selection problems", Arifumi  
Matsumoto,
   15-Jun-07, <draft-arifumi-v6ops-addr-select-sol-00.txt>
	moved to 6man

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-baker-v6ops-b2b-private-routing
   "Business to Business Private Routing", Fred Baker, 3-Jul-07,
   <draft-baker-v6ops-b2b-private-routing-00.txt>
	dead, at least for the moment

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-blanchet-v6ops-tunnelbroker-tsp
   "IPv6 Tunnel Broker with the Tunnel Setup Protocol (TSP)", Florent  
Parent,
   Marc Blanchet, 2-Sep-05, <draft-blanchet-v6ops-tunnelbroker- 
tsp-03.txt>
	transition

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoagland-v6ops-teredosecconcerns
   "Teredo Security Concerns Beyond What Is In RFC 4380", Suresh  
Krishnan, James
   Hoagland, 12-Jul-07, <draft-hoagland-v6ops-teredosecconcerns-01.txt>
	to be discussed

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-802-16-deployment-scenarios
   "IPv6 Deployment Scenarios in 802.16 Networks", Myung-Ki Shin, 27- 
Apr-07,
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-802-16-deployment-scenarios-04.txt>
	Ron's in-box

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security
   "Recommended Simple Security Capabilities in Customer Premises  
Equipment for
   Providing Residential IPv6 Internet Service", James Woodyatt, 15- 
Jun-07,
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security-00.txt>
	not clear what the state is

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-massar-v6ops-heartbeat
   "SixXS Heartbeat Protocol", Jeroen Massar, 6-Jun-05,
   <draft-massar-v6ops-heartbeat-01.txt>
	transition

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nward-v6ops-teredo-server-selection
   "Teredo Server Selection", Nathan Ward, 3-Jul-07,
   <draft-nward-v6ops-teredo-server-selection-00.txt>
	transition

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-van-beijnum-v6ops-connect-method
   "IPv4/IPv6 Interoperation Using the HTTP CONNECT Method", Iljitsch  
van
   Beijnum, 5-Jul-07, <draft-van-beijnum-v6ops-connect-method-00.txt>
	not sure what to do with this