Subject: New IDs for consideration/review and time slot request

From: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:31:38 -0500

I've put some useful information together into two IDs, which I'm hoping 
others will find interesting.

They could live pretty much anywhere, but I feel it may be most relevant 
to those in the IPv6 ops community, as that is where the greatest amount 
of new address assignment growth will be occurring.

If there is consensus, they might be suitable for wg documents, with 
intended Informational status.

I would like to request a time slot to present info and do a brief Q & A 
on both documents, at IETF-71.

Hopefully it won't take long to discuss them.

Thanks, and as always, questions and comments are welcome.

Brian Dickson

P.S. Here are the links to the drafts:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dickson-v6ops-aggregation-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dickson-v6ops-assignment-00.txt

-----
A new version of I-D, draft-dickson-v6ops-assignment-00.txt has been 
successfuly submitted by Brian Dickson and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-dickson-v6ops-assignment
Revision:	 00
Title:		 A Survey and Analysis of Address Allocation Strategies for IPv4 
and IPv6
Creation_date:	 2008-02-06
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 18

Abstract:
This Internet Draft describes, analyzes, and compares different
strategies for allocating addresses, in a way that can be generalized
for any power-of-two sized, binary address space.  One such strategy
is proposed as being "optimal", when viewed from the perspective of
space-packing efficiency.  This Draft recommends use of this
technique as a "Best Current Practice", for both IPv4 and IPv6
address allocations.Author's Note

This Internet Draft is intended to result in this draft or a related
draft(s) being placed on the Informational Track for v6ops.
-----
A new version of I-D, draft-dickson-v6ops-aggregation-00.txt has been 
successfuly submitted by Brian Dickson and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-dickson-v6ops-aggregation
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Aggregation: Methods and Benefits, for IPv4, IPv6 or other 
binary addresses
Creation_date:	 2008-02-06
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 21

Abstract:
This Internet Draft discusses general benefits of aggregation, with
quantitative examples of different aggregation strategies for the
same set of allocations.  Recommended "best practices" for service
providers and enterprises are listed, as well as "how-to"
information.Author's Note

This Internet Draft is intended for Informational status, for v6ops
or other suitable WG.