Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-v6ops-ra-guard-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 22:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPv6 RA-Guard
	Author(s)       : G. Van de Velde, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-ra-guard-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-06-30

When using IPv6 within a single L2 network segment it is neccesary to
ensure that all routers advertising their services within it are
valid.  In cases where it is not convinient or possible to use SeND
[RFC3971] a rogue Router Advertisement (RA) [RFC4861] could be sent
by accident due to misconfiguraton or ill intended.  Simple solutions
for protecting against rogue RAs are beneficial in complementing SeND
in securing the L2 domain for ceratin types of devices or in certain
transitional situations.
This document proposes a solution to reduce the threat of rogue RAs
by enabling layer 2 devices to forward only RAs received over
designated ports.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ra-guard-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.