Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 02:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Problem Statement of Default Address Selection in Multi-prefix Environment: Operational Issues of RFC3484 Default Rules
	Author(s)       : A. Matsumoto, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-08.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-06-12

A single physical link can have multiple prefixes assigned to it.  In
that environment, end hosts might have multiple IP addresses and be
required to use them selectively.  RFC 3484 defines default source
and destination address selection rules and is implemented in a
variety of OS's.  But, it has been too difficult to use operationally
for several reasons.  In some environment where multiple prefixes are
assigned on a single physical link, the host using the default
address selection rules will experience some trouble in
communication.  This document describes the possible problems that
end hosts could encounter in an environment with multiple prefixes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.