Subject: Fwd: Liaison from the Broadband Forum

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:09:28 -0700

As I mentioned in the meeting Monday, we re in receipt of a liaison (a  
letter) from the Broadband Forum. This relates to the work of several  
working groups, and in ours is primarily related to the CPE draft. The  
authors of that draft are in direct communication with the Forum and  
are addressing the issues raised. That said, any opinions on the  
questions would be good.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Young, Gavin" <[email-masked]>
> Date: March 22, 2009 1:49:09 PM PDT
> To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked] 
> >, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,  
> <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked] 
> >
> Cc: "David Allan" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Liaison from the Broadband Forum
>
> Dear all,
>
> Please find attached a liaison from the Broadband Forum.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gavin Young
> Technical Committee Chair
>
>
>
> Gavin Young
> Chief Architect C&W Access
> Cable&Wireless
> Europe, Asia & US
> Direct Dial: +44 (0) 207 528 3597
> Mobile: +44 (0) 7748 937 007
> Email: [email-masked]
> www.cw.com
>
>
> This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the Cable & Wireless e- 
> mail security system - powered by MessageLabs. For more information  
> on a proactive managed e-mail security service, visit http://www.cw.com/uk/emailprotection/
>
> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may  
> also be subject to legal privilege. It is intended only for the  
> recipient(s) named above. If you are not named above as a recipient,  
> you must not read, copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the  
> information contained in this email. If you have received this e- 
> mail in error, please notify the sender (whose contact details are  
> above) immediately by reply e-mail and delete the message and any  
> attachments without retaining any copies.
>
> Cable and Wireless plc
> Registered in England and Wales.Company Number 238525
> Registered office: 3rd Floor, 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4HQ

---

From: "Alan Kavanagh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:11:18 -0400

Just to clarify on the liason from the BBF. The issue is related to the
IP-Edge Node/BNG and not the CPE.

Alan K

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Fred Baker
Sent: March 25, 2009 1:09 PM
To: IPv6 Operations
Subject: Fwd: Liaison from the Broadband Forum

As I mentioned in the meeting Monday, we re in receipt of a liaison (a
letter) from the Broadband Forum. This relates to the work of several
working groups, and in ours is primarily related to the CPE draft. The
authors of that draft are in direct communication with the Forum and are
addressing the issues raised. That said, any opinions on the questions
would be good.

Begin forwarded message:

	From: "Young, Gavin" <[email-masked]>
	Date: March 22, 2009 1:49:09 PM PDT
	To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
<[email-masked]>
	Cc: "David Allan" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
	Subject: Liaison from the Broadband Forum

	Dear all,

	Regards,

	Gavin Young

	

Gavin Young

Cable&Wireless 

Europe, Asia & US

www.cw.com <http://www.cw.com/>  

	This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the Cable & Wireless
e-mail security system - powered by MessageLabs. For more information on
a proactive managed e-mail security service, visit
http://www.cw.com/uk/emailprotection/ 
	
	The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may
also be subject to legal privilege. It is intended only for the
recipient(s) named above. If you are not named above as a recipient, you
must not read, copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information
contained in this email. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender (whose contact details are above) immediately
by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments without
retaining any copies.
	
	Cable and Wireless plc 
	Registered in England and Wales.Company Number 238525 
	Registered office: 3rd Floor, 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R
4HQ

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 18:51:48 -0700

Sorry, my error. Bark Stark tells me there is another one coming  
related to the CPE.

On Mar 26, 2009, at 6:11 PM, Alan Kavanagh wrote:

> Just to clarify on the liason from the BBF. The issue is related to  
> the IP-Edge Node/BNG and not the CPE.
>
>
> Alan K
>
> As I mentioned in the meeting Monday, we re in receipt of a liaison  
> (a letter) from the Broadband Forum. This relates to the work of  
> several working groups, and in ours is primarily related to the CPE  
> draft. The authors of that draft are in direct communication with  
> the Forum and are addressing the issues raised. That said, any  
> opinions on the questions would be good.
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> recipient(s) named above. If you are not named above as a  
>> recipient, you must not read, copy, disclose, forward or otherwise  
>> use the information contained in this email. If you have received  
>> this e-mail in error, please notify the sender (whose contact  
>> details are above) immediately by reply e-mail and delete the  
>> message and any attachments without retaining any copies.
>>
>> Cable and Wireless plc

---

From: "Stark, Barbara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:22:17 -0400

I mentioned that I'm in the process of drafting IPv6 Residential Gateway
requirements for BBF, and expect to liaise this draft with IETF (v6ops),
once it's ready. It'll be a few weeks, yet, though, before I have the
first draft out to BBF. Thanks,

Barbara

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Fred Baker
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:52 PM
To: Alan Kavanagh
Cc: IPv6 Operations
Subject: Re: Liaison from the Broadband Forum

Sorry, my error. Bark Stark tells me there is another one coming related
to the CPE.

 

Alan K

Begin forwarded message:

Dear all,

Regards,

Gavin Young

Gavin Young

Cable&Wireless 

Europe, Asia & US

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the Cable & Wireless e-mail
security system - powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a
proactive managed e-mail security service, visit
http://www.cw.com/uk/emailprotection/ 

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be
subject to legal privilege. It is intended only for the recipient(s)
named above. If you are not named above as a recipient, you must not
read, copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained
in this email. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender (whose contact details are above) immediately by reply e-mail
and delete the message and any attachments without retaining any copies.

Cable and Wireless plc 

*****

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. GA621

---

From: "Alan Kavanagh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:46:46 -0400

HI Barbara
 
Im hoping you will first present it in BBF so we can all agree that on
what issues you have found before liaising this with v6ops.
 
BR
Alan K

From: Stark, Barbara [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: March 27, 2009 9:22 AM
To: Fred Baker; Alan Kavanagh
Cc: IPv6 Operations
Subject: RE: Liaison from the Broadband Forum

Barbara

 

Alan K

Begin forwarded message:

Dear all,

Regards,

Gavin Young

Gavin Young

Cable&Wireless 

Europe, Asia & US

Cable and Wireless plc 

*****

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from all computers. GA621

---

From: "Stark, Barbara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:06:49 -0400

Well, yeah! I can't liaise anything from BBF without presenting it to
BBF first and getting agreement that it's ok to liaise. That's standard
process. I will properly follow all BBF procedures.

Barbara

From: Alan Kavanagh [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 11:47 AM
To: Stark, Barbara; Fred Baker
Cc: IPv6 Operations
Subject: RE: Liaison from the Broadband Forum

HI Barbara

BR

Alan K

Barbara

 

Alan K

Begin forwarded message:

Dear all,

Regards,

Gavin Young

Gavin Young

Cable&Wireless 

Europe, Asia & US

Cable and Wireless plc 

*****