Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 17:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Recommended Simple Security Capabilities in Customer Premises Equipment for Providing Residential IPv6 Internet Service
	Author(s)       : J. Woodyatt
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security-08.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2009-10-19

This document makes specific recommendations to the makers of devices
that provide "simple security" capabilities at the perimeter of
local-area IPv6 networks in Internet-enabled homes and small offices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: james woodyatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 08:13:18 -0700

On Oct 19, 2009, at 21:36, Cameron Byrne wrote:
>
> 1.  I could not find the specific recommendation for disallowing
> spoofed traffic by beans of uRPF like in RFC 3704

I suppose the draft would be improved by an explicit reference to  
reverse path forwarding and a cite to RFC 3704.

>
> 2.  Is management outside of scope?  For example, does  it make sense
> to say that the WAN interface is by default not interface to be used
> for management

That's a security consideration, so I'd say it would be in scope and a  
worthy point to mention.  I'll update.

--
james woodyatt <[email-masked]>
member of technical staff, communications engineering