Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-qin-v6ops-icp-transition-00

From: Jacni Qin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 23:46:20 +0800

Dear all,

i posted a new draft, draft-qin-v6ops-icp-transition-00.txt to v6ops.
comments are welcome!

many thanks!

Jacni

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 9:54 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-qin-v6ops-icp-transition-00
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-qin-v6ops-icp-transition-00.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Jacni Qin and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-qin-v6ops-icp-transition
Revision:        00
Title:           Recommendations for the ISPs' provision of IPv6 transition
services to the ICPs
Creation_date:   2009-10-19
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 11

Abstract:
The exhaustion of IPv4 addresses is coming, while due to many
reasons, no significant IPv6 deployment has occured.  The transition
of users, networks and services from IPv4 to IPv6 is not so smoothly
and expeditiously as expected.  The solutions now available are not
sufficient for all the scenarios, so the IPv6 deployment models are
revisited, and some new methods used for transition have been
developed to complement the existing ones.  This document discusses
the transition of services and the use of these new mechanisms from
the ISP's point of view to provide approaches to the transition for
ICPs.

The IETF Secretariat.