Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-v6ops-ra-guard-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 03:30:07 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPv6 Router Advertisement Guard
	Author(s)       : E. Levy-Abegnoli, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-ra-guard-07.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-09-02

When using IPv6 within a single L2 network segment it is possible and
sometimes desirable to enable layer 2 devices to drop rogue RAs
before they reach end-nodes.  In order to distinguish valid from
rogue RAs, the L2 devices can use a spectrum of criteria, from a
static scheme that blocks RAs received on un-trusted ports, or from
un-trusted sources, to a more dynamic scheme that uses Secure
Neighbor Discovery (SEND) to challenge RA sources.

This document reviews various techniques applicable on the L2 devices
to reduce the threat of rogue RAs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ra-guard-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.