Subject: [v6ops] Fwd: NomCom 2010-2011: Call for More Nominations

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 20:40:50 -0500

Folks, 

If you know of someone who should be considered for one of these roles consiider nominating them.

If you have the opportunity and the support of your organization consider self-nominating.

Thanks
Joel

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: NomCom 2010-2011: Call for More Nominations
From: NomCom Chair <[email-masked]>
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>
CC: null

Hi Folks,

Nominations have slowed down dramatically, so this update is to enlist 
the community in an effort to pick up the pace. 

We are very far behind in nominations for all the open positions but in 
particular we need nominations for the IESG and IAOC open positions. 
There have been no nominations received (other than for the incumbents) 
in INT, RAI, and RTG, and only 1 for OPS.  Likewise, in IAOC there have 
been no nominations submitted other than the incumbent.

The acceptance rates of those nominated has also been very slow. In 
order to initiate the open list of willing nominees we are in need of a 
reasonable number of acceptances, and due to the low number of nominees 
and acceptances have delayed the start date for publishing the first 
open list to September 20.  So if you have been nominated and are 
willing to serve, but have not yet confirmed this by email back to the 
NomCom, please do so as soon as possible.

We need Community input and participation! We cannot properly execute 
the task of selecting the best candidates for these positions with so 
few nominations and acceptances. So, please consider making 
nominations for the open positions, in particular those for which we 
have so few nominations � it takes just a few minutes of your time. 
Right now, we just need the names/email addresses.

Why do we need more nominations?  Well, even if you think a willing
incumbent is doing a very good job and should be returned, his or her
ability to serve again might be impacted by unforeseen circumstances
between now and March. NomCom needs to consider multiple nominees to be
prepared in the event one or more candidates is unable to serve come next
March and to ensure we have chosen the best candidate. 

There are several ways you can help the IETF Nominating Committee.

- You may nominate yourself.
- You can nominate someone you know whom you think would do a good job.

Do not worry about whether they might already be nominated. We would 
much prefer to receive the same nomination several times rather than 
miss a good person we should consider.

How to submit Nominations:
--------------------------
The list of positions we need to fill, and the provided Job 
Descriptions, and forms for nominations, can be found in the call for 
nominations at: https://datatracker.ietf.org/ann/nomcom/2468/ 

You may enter a nomination by going to the following URL 
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/10/nominate

You may also nominate someone by sending an email to [email-masked] 
and giving us their name, email address and the open position you are 
nominating them for. We will take care of the rest. 

If you are asked for a user name and password, use an existing ietf login
and password. If you need a login and password, request one from the tools
page at the following URL http://trac.tools.ietf.org/newlogin

Open List:
----------
As you already know, NomCom 2010-2011 will follow the policy for "Open 
Disclosure of Willing Nominees" described in RFC 5680.

Feedback Collection:
--------------------
Once the open list is available, the entire community will be invited 
to provide feedback. I will send a further announcement requesting 
feedback on the nominees, describing how to submit feedback, and how to 
view the open list of nominees. 

Thank you,

Thomas Walsh
Chair, NomCom 2010-2011
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:50:37 -0700

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
> Date: September 17, 2010 12:02:38 AM PDT
> To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "IETF DNS Directorate" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [OPS-AREA] FW: NomCom 2010-2011: Call for More Nominations
> 
> Please see the following message from the nomcom chair. Submitting
> nominations for the best candidates for the open positions, and helping
> nomcom with feedback about the candidates is an important contribution
> to the IETF - please engage. 
> 
> Thanks and Regards,
> 
> Dan
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of NomCom Chair
> Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 1:26 AM
> To: IETF Announcement list
> few nominations and acceptances. So, please consider making nominations
> for the open positions, in particular those for which we have so few
> nominations  it takes just a few minutes of your time. 
> prepared in the event one or more candidates is unable to serve come
> next March and to ensure we have chosen the best candidate. 
> 
> If you are asked for a user name and password, use an existing ietf
> login and password. If you need a login and password, request one from
> the tools page at the following URL http://trac.tools.ietf.org/newlogin
> 
> 
> Open List:
> ----------
> Once the open list is available, the entire community will be invited to
> provide feedback. I will send a further announcement requesting feedback
> on the nominees, describing how to submit feedback, and how to view the
> open list of nominees. 
> 
> Thank you,
> 
> Thomas Walsh
> Chair, NomCom 2010-2011
> [email-masked]
> [email-masked]
> 
> 
> 
> OPS-AREA mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ops-area