Subject: [v6ops] general topic of ipv4 vs ipv6 preference

From: Ed Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 17:05:22 +0800

reviewing drafts for tomorrow strikes me that several touch on the 
general issue of how a host should determine whether to use IPv4 versus 
IPv6 when both are available.  I might suggest juggling the agenda a 
little, grouping them and having a short general discussion on which if 
any of these are appropriate to adopt as WG items, or perhaps combining 
some drafts?  Plus or minus I miss the point on any of these drafts...

sorry for the late suggestion, but better than saving it for 9:00am.  
Regardless, we should consider the interaction or synergy of these 
proposals.

1 *Happy Eyeballs: Trending Towards Success with Dual-Stack Hosts* 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wing-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-ipv6>
    25-Oct-10, <draft-wing-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-ipv6-01.txt>
2 *Opening TCP Sessions in Complex Environments* 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-baker-v6ops-session-start-time>
    18-Oct-10, <draft-baker-v6ops-session-start-time-01.txt>
5 *Advanced Requirements for IPv6 Customer Edge Routers* 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wbeebee-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router-bis>
    25-Oct-10, <draft-wbeebee-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router-bis-04.txt>
6 *CPE Considerations in IPv6 Deployments* 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbst-v6ops-cpeenhancements>
    18-Oct-10, <draft-herbst-v6ops-cpeenhancements-00.txt>
7 *Network signaling for IPv4/IPv6 protocol selection for end-systems* 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vandevelde-v6ops-pref-ps>
    16-Aug-10, <draft-vandevelde-v6ops-pref-ps-00.txt>