Subject: [v6ops] "They obtain the prefixes the same way everyone else does, by applying to a RIR for them."

From: "IPv16.com" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:30:45 -0600

"They obtain the prefixes the same way everyone else does, by applying
to a RIR for them."

Really ?

015/8  Hewlett-Packard Company                        1994-07
           LEGACY
 016/8  Digital Equipment Corporation                  1994-11
            LEGACY
....
 017/8  Apple Computer Inc.                            1992-07
            LEGACY
....
 018/8  MIT                                            1994-01
            LEGACY
 019/8  Ford Motor Company                             1995-05
            LEGACY
 020/8  Computer Sciences Corporation                  1994-10
            LEGACY
 021/8  DDN-RVN                                        1991-07
            LEGACY
 022/8  Defense Information Systems Agency             1993-05
            LEGACY
 023/8  IANA
          UNALLOCATED
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space/ipv4-address-space.txt

---

From: Erik Kline <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:27:46 +0900

I suspect that you might find that these predate the existence of the
full blown modern RIR system.  Hence "LEGACY".

-Erik

On 12 November 2010 13:30, IPv16.com <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops
>