Subject: [v6ops] draft-zhou-v6ops-mobile-use-case-00

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 22:49:58 -0700

Hi,

I read " IPv6 Transition Use Case For a Large Mobile Network", and I have
the following comments.

General comment: I could not understand what the document is trying to
accomplish, given what exists already - e.g., the use cases are already
defined in the 3GPP (TR 23.975), where (Large) Mobile Network system
architectures are defined.

Section 1. Introduction is fairly broad and and is not identifying any
specific problems or issues considering the draft title.

Section 2. "Overview and Mobile Architecture" seems to be okay, but
draft-korhonen-v6ops-3gpp-eps-04.txt has a comprehensive treatment of 3GPP
architecture for someone to consult.

Section 3. "Approaches to IPv4/IPv6 Co-existence" is providing the
description of scenarios outlined in 3GPP TR 23.975. The 3GPP TR 23.975 is
not referenced, and I am not sure if it covers anything different.

Section 4. "Consideration of IPv4/IPv6 Co-existence Solutions" is repeating
the GI-DS-Lite protocol (to a large extent, it's present in 3GPP TR 23.975),
and some discussion of translation mechanisms.

In summary, it is not clear to me what's the ID identifying for a Large
Mobile Network. It appears to be a composite of (parts of) existing
documents. I didn't find it particularly useful.

Thanks,

-Rajeev