Subject: [v6ops] Mitigating Teredo Rooting Loop Attacks (draft-gont-6man-teredo-loops-00)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 23:23:57 -0300

Folks,

We have published an Internet-Draft that proposes an update to the
Teredo specification such that the routing-loop attacks described in the
USENIX-WOOT '09 paper [Nakibly et al] are eliminated.

The proposed update to the Teredo specification has already been
implemented (in Microsoft's Teredo implementation and in Miredo) and
deployed.

The I-D is entitled "Mitigating Teredo Rooting Loop Attacks"
(draft-gont-6man-teredo-loops), and is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-gont-6man-teredo-loops-00.txt

This I-D was briefly presented at the 6man meeting in Beijing. While
there seemed to be support for this document, the question was raised as
to whether this should be pursued in 6man or in v6ops.

So I'm sending this note to ask whether the for comments about whether
this proposal should be pursued in v6ops.

Additionally, comments on the I-D itself will be more than welcome....

Thanks!

Kind regards,
-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1

---

From: Gabi Nakibly <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 02:35:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi Fernando,
RFC 5991 (formerly draft-krishnan-v6ops-teredo-update), which updates RFC 4380 
based some security concerns, has been pursued in v6ops. Since 
draft-gont-6man-teredo-loops is also set out to update RFC 4380 based on some 
security concerns, I guess that it should also be pursued in v6ops.  

Gabi

----- Original Message ----
> From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
> To: IPv6 Operations <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>; V6ops Chairs 
><[email-masked]>; Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Sat, November 20, 2010 4:23:57 AM
> Subject: [v6ops] Mitigating Teredo Rooting Loop Attacks 
>(draft-gont-6man-teredo-loops-00)
> 
> Folks,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops
>