Subject: [v6ops] delegating RDNS when using DHCPv6-PD

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 08:29:06 +0100 (CET)

Hi.

Is there any work being done on describing a BCP when it comes to 
reverse-DNS for space delegated using DHCPv6-PD ?

I can imagine a few different scenarios and how this could be done, but 
just wondering where this discussion should be had or if it's actually 
already exists?

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 03:49:33 -0700

> reverse-DNS for space delegated using DHCPv6-PD ?

DNSOP has been working on this for years!   It's a contentious issue... :}

---

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 11:54:58 +0100 (CET)

> DNSOP has been working on this for years!   It's a contentious issue... :}

Do you have any pointers when in time the last discussion was? I looked at 
their archive page and the past year I could only find DNSSEC related 
traffic on their mailing list?

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 08:45:56 -0500

> traffic on their mailing list?

it's the inaddr-required draft. The discussion spanned many years.  Hit me up in Beijing and I will tell you the tale of woe.