Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action:draft-ietf-v6ops-v4v6tran-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 00:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Framework for IP Version Transition Scenarios
	Author(s)       : B. Carpenter, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-v4v6tran-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2010-11-30

This document sets out a framework for the presentation of scenarios
and recommendations for a variety of approaches to the transition
from IPv4 to IPv6, given the necessity for a long period of co-
existence of the two protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-v4v6tran-framework-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 04:57:05 +0900

i am cheered by

   2.  The documents are addressed to service providers who have taken
       the decision to support IPv6, have acquired basic knowledge and
       skills, have determined how they will obtain upstream IPv6
       connectivity, and are ready to write their operational plan for
       transition.

i am uncheered by the following section's weak specificity to ipv6
deployent.

randy

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 14:17:17 -0600

On Dec 1, 2010, at 1:57 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

> deployment.

Thanks. Do you have specific suggestions for Brian?

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 09:21:26 +1300

> i am uncheered by the following section's weak specificity to ipv6

Yes, it's generic. Please send text, although it may be that the specificity
will only appear in the target documents.

   Brian

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 05:24:59 +0900

> will only appear in the target documents.

documents should describe scenarios for real transition to ipv6, not life
extensions to ipv4 or other things best handled in other wgs.

randy