Subject: [v6ops] Tracking of Operational IPv6 Issues

From: John Border <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 10:18:27 -0400

We have IPv6 enabled by default in our network.  Our customers occasionally run into problems which turn out to be specific to the use of IPv6.  The most recent one is that we see TLS certificate errors when ssa.gov is accessed via IPv6 but not when accessed via IPv4.  The IPv6 connectivity is fine.  The error is occurring at a higher level.  But, it still appears to the customer as an IPv6 problem.  My question is...  Is there a database or wiki or something somewhere where issues like this are tracked?

John

---

From: Jeroen Massar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 16:27:14 +0200

On 2013-05-17 16:18 , John Border wrote:
>  
> 
>     We have IPv6 enabled by default in our network.  Our customers
> occasionally run into problems which turn out to be specific to the use
> of IPv6.  The most recent one is that we see TLS certificate errors when
> ssa.gov is accessed via IPv6 but not when accessed via IPv4.

Seems that certificate has expired on 30 April 2013 w18 01:59:59
GMT+02:00. Serial = 59 76 C9 FE 3F 26 75 55 28 F6 34 EB 8D 5C 4F 0C

that is the certificate for https://www.socialsecurity.gov

>  The IPv6
> connectivity is fine.  The error is occurring at a higher level.

You mean the above problem, as that is an administrative issue, nothing
the IETF can resolve...

>  But,
> it still appears to the customer as an IPv6 problem.  My question is… 
> Is there a database or wiki or something somewhere where issues like
> this are tracked?

Outages mailinglist maybe might be related. Problems like these should
be tracked at the ISP/hoster/location that has them, it is not a
'global' issue or a technical issue with IPv6.

Greets,
 Jeroen