Subject: [v6ops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3316bis-03.txt> (IPv6 for 3GPP Cellular Hosts) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 06:55:37 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'IPv6 for 3GPP Cellular Hosts'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3316bis-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   As the deployment of third and fourth generation cellular networks
   progresses, a large number of cellular hosts are being connected to
   the Internet.  Standardization organizations have made Internet
   Protocol version 6 (IPv6) mandatory in their specifications.
   However, the concept of IPv6 covers many aspects and numerous
   specifications.  In addition, the characteristics of cellular links
   in terms of bandwidth, cost and delay put special requirements on how
   IPv6 is used.  This document considers IPv6 for cellular hosts that
   attach to the General Packet Radio Service (GPRS), Universal Mobile
   Telecommunications System (UMTS), or Evolved Packet System (EPS)
   networks (Hereafter collectively referred to as 3GPP networks).  This
   document also lists out specific IPv6 functionalities that need to be
   implemented in addition what is already prescribed in the IPv6 Node
   Requirements document.  It also discusses some issues related to the
   use of these components when operating in these networks.  This
   document obsoletes RFC 3316.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3316bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3316bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.