Subject: [v6ops] On Consensus

From: "Fred Baker (fred)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 19:07:43 +0000

I'd appreciate it if folks took ten minutes to read

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-resnick-on-consensus
  "On Consensus and Humming in the IETF", Pete Resnick, 2013-10-04

The document is currently in last call on the IETF list, and Ted Hardie specifically has some comments on it. Whatever the shortcomings of the document may be, though, it makes some important points that I would like our working group to consider in its deliberations.

---

From: Gert Doering <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 21:39:39 +0200

Hi,

>   "On Consensus and Humming in the IETF", Pete Resnick, 2013-10-04

Great document.

We follow roughly the same principles in the RIPE address policy working 
group when trying to decide on (rough) consensus - so it's good to have
someone actually write it down so people can understand how the process
works.

Gert Doering
        -- RIPE APWG chair
-- 
have you enabled IPv6 on something today...?

SpaceNet AG                        Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14          Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
D-80807 Muenchen                   HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:20:07 +0300

>   "On Consensus and Humming in the IETF", Pete Resnick, 2013-10-04

it seems to run over ipv6.  what else concerned you?

randy

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:49:14 +1300

> it seems to run over ipv6.  what else concerned you?

Yes, humming over IPv6 seems to work for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPDILKQjJW8

   Brian