Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 07:55:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : SIIT-DC: Stateless IP/ICMP Translation for IPv6 Data Centre Environments
        Author          : Tore Anderson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-00.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2014-12-18

Abstract:
   This document describes SIIT-DC, an extension to the Stateless IP/
   ICMP Translation (SIIT) algorithm, that makes it ideally suited for
   use in IPv6 data centre environments.  SIIT-DC simultaneously
   facilitates IPv6 deployment and IPv4 address conservation.  The
   overall SIIT-DC architecture is described, as well as guidelines for
   operators.  Finally, the normative implementation requirements are
   described, as a list of additions and changes to SIIT.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tore Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 09:25:09 +0100

Hi WG,

Changes from the previous version include:

- New document name to reflect the WG adoption from Honolulu (thanks,
  everyone)
- Better describe the scenario of gradual migration from dual-stack to
  SIIT-DC using DNS round robin (thanks, Andrew Yourtchenko)
- Note that the IPv4 Identification value will be lost during
  translation if IPv6 Atomic Fragments are disabled (thanks, Andrew
  Yourtchenko)
- Add a new appendix comparing SIIT-DC to a "partial" dual stack
  w/IPv6-only back-end infrastructure (thanks, Cameron Byrne)
- Various editorial fixes and improvements (idnits/idspell/etc)

I have not yet removed the normative language. I intend do so as soon
as draft-anderson-siit-eam is adopted as a WG document.

Tore

* [email-masked]

> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops