Subject: [v6ops] new draft: draft-ybai-v6ops-ipv6-for-openstack

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 04:47:01 -0800

A new draft has been posted, at http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ybai-v6ops-ipv6-for-openstack. Please take a look at it and comment.

---

From: Ray Hunter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 16:15:56 +0100

> A new draft has been posted, at http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ybai-v6ops-ipv6-for-openstack. Please take a look at it and comment.
I have read this draft. There seems to be a significant overlap between 
draft-ybai-v6ops-ipv6-for-openstack and existing WG drafts 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc + 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-2xlat.

-- 
Regards,
RayH

---

From: Xing Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:10:37 +0800

Hi, Ray,

Thanks for your mail.

Ray Hunter 写道:
> [email-masked] wrote:
>> A new draft has been posted, at 
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ybai-v6ops-ipv6-for-openstack. 
>> Please take a look at it and comment.
>>
>>
> I have read this draft. There seems to be a significant overlap 
> between draft-ybai-v6ops-ipv6-for-openstack and existing WG drafts 
Yes, these drafts are using stateless NAT64 translation (RFC6145) for 
providing IPv4 services for IPv6-only server. However, the differences are:

(1) http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc is introducing 
Static Address Mapping rather then using RFC6052, while our draft is 
based on RFC6052.
(2) Our draft discusses the OpenStack VMs IPv6 configuration using ND 
proxy, while http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc does 
not addresses the issues for VMs.
(3) Our draft discuss the A+P/ALG model to share the public IPv4 
addresses, which is very critical for the developing countries.
(4) https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-2xlat discusses 
the dual translation, while our draft does not do so.

Best regards,

xing