Subject: [v6ops] IPv6 is 20 year old!

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 23:43:25 +0200

Exactly 20 years ago the first interconnection between two independent
IPv6 implementations succeeded between sipper.pa-x.dec.com and
ottawa.inria.fr.

Regards

[email-masked]

PS: IPv4-compatible IPv6 addresses were used (I thought this defunct
type of addresses was only used for this kind of early tests), the
first "native" IPv6 (and Neighbor Discovery) was during the 33th IETF
at Stockholm in July 1995.
PPS: I can give or put somewhere details, including the typescript
of the second connection I kept for this kind of occasions, just ask.

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 13:37:42 +0200

> of the second connection I kept for this kind of occasions, just ask.

I ask.

Among the places where this can be put (if you dont already have one) 
one can think of isoc's deploy360 or simply github.

Alex

>
> _______________________________________________
> v6ops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6ops
>

---

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 13:45:00 +0100

A few years ago, Bob Hinden, Tony Hain, Brian Haberman, myself and a few
others from my team, started the site:

http://www.ipv6-to-standard.org

In order to ³compile² products using IPv6 related RFCs (1981, 2460, 2461,
2462, 4291, 4443) to probe that can be updated to STD status.

I guess this may be still useful, at least as a starting point.

Regards,
Jordi