Subject: [v6ops] Protocol Action: 'Explicit Address Mappings for Stateless IP/ICMP Translation' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-eam-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 09:48:33 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Explicit Address Mappings for Stateless IP/ICMP Translation'
  (draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-eam-03.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-eam/

Technical Summary

   This document extends the Stateless IP/ICMP Translation Algorithm
   (SIIT) with an Explicit Address Mapping (EAM) algorithm, and
   formally updates RFC 6145.  The EAM algorithm facilitates stateless
   IP/ICMP translation between arbitrary (non-IPv4-translatable)
   IPv6 endpoints and IPv4.

Working Group Summary

   The only real issue raised in the working group was whether the
   document should go to a different one, based on the working group
   charter. The working group elected to address it, with the AD's
   concurrence, based on siit-dc and siit-dc-2xlat being an operational
   procedure and this being closely related, and the facts that
   behave is closed and softwire is closing.

Document Quality

   The document describes something that is in fact implemented in
   at least four products from three vendors, and is in use in the
   author's networks and in other networks, as discussed at IETF
   93.

Personnel

Fred Baker is the document shepherd, and Joel Jaeggli is the AD.