Subject: [v6ops] Revision of "IPv6 EHs in the Real World" (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world-01.txt)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 04:42:00 -0300

Folks,

We have posted a revision of the aforementioned I-D. It is available at:

<https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world-01.txt>

The only pending changes that we had (and that were applied to this rev)
was that of replacing "filtering" with "dropping" where appropriate, as
suggested by Mikael and other folks.

I'd note that while there was a lengthy discussion on the topic of "IPv6
EHs drops" in the v6ops list, the discussion was about text that has
been removed from this I-D since the first draft-ietf version.

All of the discussion regarding why operators filter packets with IPv6
EHs is now in this other document:

<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops>

Any comments on any of the two I-Ds will be appreciated (please update
the "Subject" as appropriate).

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world-01.txt
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 00:32:53 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Will Liu (Shucheng) <[email-masked]>, J. Linkova
<[email-masked]>, Shucheng LIU (Will) <[email-masked]>, Tim
Chown <[email-masked]>, Tim Chown <[email-masked]>, Fernando
Gont <[email-masked]>, Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>, J.
Linkova <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world
Revision:	01
Title:		Observations on the Dropping of Packets with IPv6 Extension
Headers in the Real World
Document date:	2015-10-15
Group:		v6ops
Pages:		16
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world-01
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world-01

Abstract:
   This document presents real-world data regarding the extent to which
   packets with IPv6 extension headers are dropped in the Internet (as
   measured in August 2014), and where in the network such dropping
   occurs.  The aforementioned results serve as a problem statement that
   is expected to trigger operational advice on the filtering of IPv6
   packets carrying IPv6 Extension Headers, so that the situation
   improves over time.  This document also explains how the
   aforementioned results were obtained, such that the corresponding
   measurements can be reproduced by other members of the community.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1