Subject: [v6ops] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-2xlat-02: (with COMMENT)

From: "Stephen Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 06:42:04 -0700

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-2xlat-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-siit-dc-2xlat/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

3.2.1: I don't quite get the last sentence, and it sounds
a bit like it might be somewhat hacky - can you explain
that some more to me? Thanks.

---

From: Sander Steffann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:59:27 +0200

Hi Stephen,

> Op 15 okt. 2015, om 15:42 heeft Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]> het volgende geschreven:
> 
> [...]
> 

It just says that the ER could do (proxy-like?) ND to attract IPv6 traffic for the service addresses. As the ER is actually responsible for handling/translating traffic to those addresses it doesn't sound very hacky to me.

Cheers,
Sander