Subject: [v6ops] Stephen Farrell's Yes on draft-ietf-v6ops-reducing-ra-energy-consumption-03: (with COMMENT)

From: "Stephen Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 14:24:12 -0800

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-v6ops-reducing-ra-energy-consumption-03: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-reducing-ra-energy-consumption/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this kind of thing, thanks!

Is the implication of 5.1, bullet 1 that devices are listening
but check the RA information before deciding to wake the main
CPU or not? I'd say a reference to some description of that
kind of implementation would be a useful thing to add.

It'd be good to see a response to the secdir review, [1] which
raised a couple of minor points. 

   [1] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/secdir/current/msg06122.html