Subject: [v6ops] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-v6ops-reducing-ra-energy-consumption-03: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 13:53:28 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-v6ops-reducing-ra-energy-consumption-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-reducing-ra-energy-consumption/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some editorial proposals from Qin, part of the OPS Directorate review.
Here are a few suggestion and editorial comments:

1.  Section 4, last bullet:

s/ non-general-purpose/ dedicated

2.  Section 5.1, bullet 2 said:

“Administrators of networks that serve large numbers (tens or
hundreds) of battery-powered devices SHOULD enable this
behaviour.”

which behavior should be enabled? “Responding to Router Solicitations
with unicast Router Advertisements” or the behavior described by bullet
1?
Please make this clear.

3.  Section 5.1, bullet 3:

The word “Section” repeats twice, it is not necessary.
s/see section Section 4/see Section 4