Subject: [v6ops] comments on draft-jjmb-v6ops-unique-ipv6-prefix-per-host-00

From: 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 08:15:20 +0900

I have a couple of minor comments on
draft-jjmb-v6ops-unique-ipv6-prefix-per-host-00

- Section 4.2
   [...] Since the
   address is composed by the UE/subscriber device itself it will need
   to verify that the address is unique on the shared network.

 "Since the address is composed by the UE/subscriber device itself"
 sounds like suggesting that you don't have to verify the uniqueness
 if the address is assigned via DHCPv6.  Is that the intent?  If so,
 this is not really correct per Section 5.4 of RFC4862.

- Section 5

   In an environment using DHCPv6 IA_NA for IPv6 address
   assignment this is achieved by having the AP insert an interface-id
   RFC3315 [RFC3315] in the UE/subscriber DHCPv6 Solicit message.

  Is this some new protocol extension proposed by this document?  As
  far as I know the Interface-id option is basically only expected to
  appear in Relay-forward and Reply-reply (but not Solicit) messages,
  even if RFC3315 may not explicitly prohibit other messages from
  including it.  Besides, I don't understand what "the AP insert"
  means...does this mean the AP modifies the Solicit sent by the
  client as a middlebox?  That would be a quite controversial
  behavior, and I think the document should at least clarify that
  point explicitly; or, if this is intended to say something else, it
  should probably explain it in more detail as at least I didn't get
  it.

--
JINMEI, Tatuya