Subject: [v6ops] SLAAC Renum -- Problem Statement and Ops Mitigations (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-v6ops-slaac-renum-02.txt)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 13:05:06 -0300

Folks,

We've submitted a rev of the problem statement document 
(draft-gont-v6ops-slaac-renum-02).

I'd note that while several folks expressed support for this work at the 
last v6ops meeting and on previous mailing-list discussions, few have 
weighed in the formal wg call for adoption at: 
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/v6ops/HmcZYGY4Lu2h7NUND3o2UiOsKXA

(It might simply be that folks just changed their mind ;-), but could 
also possibly be the result that there were two related documents (with 
very similar names) that were polled for adoption close to each other:

* draft-gont-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum: CPE requirements (already adopted)
* draft-gont-v6ops-slaac-renum: Problem statement & Op. mitigations

Those supporting *this* document (draft-gont-v6ops-slaac-renum, Problem 
statement), might want to weigh in at the relevant thread: 
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/v6ops/HmcZYGY4Lu2h7NUND3o2UiOsKXA

In any case, feedback on the technical content is also appreciated.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gont-v6ops-slaac-renum-02.txt
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 07:57:42 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>, Jan Zorz <[email-masked]>, 
Richard Patterson <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-v6ops-slaac-renum-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gont-v6ops-slaac-renum
Revision:	02
Title:		Reaction of Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC) to 
Flash- Renumbering Events
Document date:	2020-02-20
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		12
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-v6ops-slaac-renum-02.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-v6ops-slaac-renum/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-v6ops-slaac-renum-02
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gont-v6ops-slaac-renum
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-v6ops-slaac-renum-02

Abstract:
    In scenarios where network configuration information related to IPv6
    prefixes becomes invalid without any explicit signaling of that
    condition (such as when a CPE crashes and reboots without knowledge
    of the previously-employed prefixes), nodes on the local network will
    continue using stale prefixes for an unacceptably long period of
    time, thus resulting in connectivity problems.  This document
    documents this problem, and discusses operational workarounds that
    may help to improve network robustness.  Additionally, it highlights
    areas where further work may be needed.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat