Subject: [v6ops] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability-00.txt

From: Gabor LENCSE <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 20:54:50 +0200

Dear WG Members,

Please find below the new draft about my scalability measurements.
(I have moved this topic into a new I-D so that 
draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-comparison may be published as an RFC.)

Currently, this document contains only the scalability measurements of 
the iptables stateful NAT44 implementation.  It serves as a sample to 
test if the disclosed results are (1) useful and (2) sufficient for the 
network operators.

So please check and comment it. :-)

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Best regards,

Gábor
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability-00.txt
Date: 	Sat, 16 Oct 2021 09:34:22 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Gabor Lencse <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Gabor Lencse and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability
Revision: 00
Title: Scalability of IPv6 Transition Technologies for IPv4aaS
Document date: 2021-10-16
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 9
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability-00.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability/
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lencse-v6ops-transition-scalability

Abstract:
Several IPv6 transition technologies have been developed to provide
customers with IPv4-as-a-Service (IPv4aaS) for ISPs with an IPv6-only
access and/or core network. All these technologies have their
advantages and disadvantages, and depending on existing topology,
skills, strategy and other preferences, one of these technologies may
be the most appropriate solution for a network operator.

This document examines the scalability of the five most prominent
IPv4aaS technologies (464XLAT, Dual Stack Lite, Lightweight 4over6,
MAP-E, MAP-T) considering two aspects: (1) how their performance
scales up with the number of CPU cores, (2) how their performance
degrades, when the number of concurrent sessions is increased until
hardware limit is reached.

The IETF Secretariat