Subject: [VCARDDAV] Suggestion for allowance of truncated date format in BDAY

From: "Peter K. Sheerin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:09:24 -0700

In the past, I've tried to enter birthdays for friends in my contact 
databases, and have often found it as difficult to enter a date for the 
birthday field without the year as it is to get that year from women 
over 30 <g,d,&r>.

So, although ISO 8601:2000 has now been superseded by ISO 8601:2004 and 
deletes the ability to truncate the left side of a date, I propose that 
this specific feature from the older standard be specifically allowed as 
a means of indicating a recurring birthday when no year is known.

According to the older spec, this would allow the following 
representation of my birthday while not revealing how old I am:

--06-16

For reference, please see:

ISO 8601:2000
    http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-core/200104/pdf00005.pdf
ISO 8601:2004
    
http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink/4021199/ISO_8601_2004_E.zip?func=doc.Fetch&nodeid=4021199
_______________________________________________
VCARDDAV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vcarddav