Subject: [VCARDDAV] UID parameter on FN property (and others)

From: "Javier Godoy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:35:00 -0300

Hi Simon,

In section 6 I have noticed the following example: [[
  FN;UID="urn:uuid:f81d4fae-7dec-11d0-a765-00a0c91e6bf6":Jane Doe
]]

The purpose of FN is "to specify the formatted text corresponding to the
name of the object the vCard represents". Hence the FN property from two
vCards with the same UUID is already referring to the same object and UID
would not be required.

There are other properties (such as N, VERSION, KIND, GENDER) which clearly
do not require UID parameters. IMHO, UID should only be allowed for those
properties which may be repeated (i.e. two or more instance of the same
property type may be present in the same vCard).

Which properties may be repeated? In some cases the answer is obvious  (e.g
TEL, EMAIL, etc.), and I can guess so for BDAY, DDAY, BIRTH, DEATH, but it
is not clear about other properties such as TZ, TITLE, ORG.

TZ:-05:00
TZ;VALUE=text:EST; Raleigh/North America
ORG:ABC\, Inc.;North American Division;Marketing
ORG:FOOBAR Communication Services\, Inc.

Best Regards

Javier

_______________________________________________
VCARDDAV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vcarddav