Subject: [VCARDDAV] State of things

From: David Ascher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 14:00:21 -0700

(resending something I sent to the ietf-carddav list, based on feedback =)

Hi all.

I'm David Ascher, from Mozilla, the new lead for Thunderbird and 
mail-related activities (including calendaring and address book features).

I'm trying to catch up on the state of CardDAV, and I figured this might 
be a good source of information.

I know of some Thunderbird-relevant CardDAV work (See SOGo connector 
http://www.inverse.ca/english/contributions/sogo_connector.html), and I 
know that Cosmo and SOGo are both servers with at least some CardDAV 
support, but I don't know much about other implementations (either 
server or client), or the details of even those servers, such as:

  - degree of compliance with spec
  - scalability characteristics
  - general state of affairs

I'm not even sure I know where the spec is at in terms of finality.

Education welcome!  I'm happy to coalesce all of the info on a public 
wiki page (e.g. @ wiki.mozilla.org) if that's helpful to folks.

--david

_______________________________________________
VCARDDAV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vcarddav