Subject: [VCARDDAV] I-D Action:draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 21:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the vCard and CardDAV Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : vCard Extensions to WebDAV (CardDAV)
	Author(s)       : C. Daboo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav-00.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2008-05-28

This document defines extensions to the Web Distributed Authoring and
Versioning (WebDAV) protocol to specify a standard way of accessing,
managing, and sharing contact information based on the vCard format.

Discussion of this Internet-Draft is taking place on the mailing list
<http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-carddav>.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
VCARDDAV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vcarddav

---

From: Jari Urpalainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 13:19:24 +0300

Hi !

Thanks Cyrus for an update, looks very good. Just a simple question 
about the <filter> query content (as I've just updated my server 
implementation with the new "and/or" rules). So if a client queries with 
some "bogus" information like:

 <C:filter test="allof">
    <C:prop-filter name="NICKNAME">
      <C:text-match collation="i;unicode-casemap"
                    match-type="equals"
       >me</C:text-match>
    </C:prop-filter>
    <C:prop-filter name="NOTE">
      <C:text-match collation="i;unicode-casemap"
                    match-type="contains"
       >xample</C:text-match>
    </C:prop-filter>
    <x:foobar_filter/>
  </C:filter>
 
Should the server scream with an error or not ? And is there a 
distinction with "anyof" or "allof" rules ? Also this leads me to 
question should <filter> etc. allow extension elements by some possible 
future specs ? So I'm inclined probably to have some precondition error 
(if this is an error) and thus some directives (bcp) to us implementors 
;-). So I failed to locate some normative text about the format 
requirements (or _validity_ and sorry, if i missed them), so probably it 
is good to have a short bcp/description about it.

thanks, Jari