Subject: [VCARDDAV] Where to begin?

From: Andy Mabbett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 21:25:45 +0100

Hello,

Though I participated in discussion, late last year, on the 
vcard-workshop-l mailing list, I've only lurked here; and I haven't done 
that for long.

Is there a web page or other resource on the current state of VCARDDAV, 
to bring me up to speed?

By way of introduction, my interest in vcard stems form my work on, and 
especially proposed extensions to, the hCard microformat:

     <http://microformats.org/wiki/vcard-suggestions>

and extending the Geo component to cater for other bodies (the Moon, 
Mars, etc.) and non-WGS84 schema:

     <http://microformats.org/wiki/geo-extension-nonWGS84>

and my interest in developing a microformat for genealogy.

There's some background here:

     <http://www.imc.org/imc-vcard/mail-archive/msg00618.html>

I'm also the person who introduced the hCard microformat across 
Wikipedia:

     <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Templates_generating_hCards>

-- 
Andy Mabbett
<http://pigsonthewing.org.uk>
_______________________________________________
VCARDDAV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vcarddav

---

From: Andy Mabbett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 21:49:57 +0100

In message <[email-masked]>, Andy Mabbett
<[email-masked]> writes

>Is there a web page or other resource on the current state of VCARDDAV,

Apologies; I've now found:

        <http://www.vcarddav.org/>

and particularly:

        <http://www.vcarddav.org/issues.xhtml>

which shows mw that you have already been discussing many of the issues
I raised on the microformats wiki.

I will comment on specific issues in separate threads.