Subject: [VCARDDAV] New properties

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:40:41 +0200

Hi,

In the Jabbers' document XEP-0154:User Profile we can find a lot of
properties for a contact, like :

	* Familiar Name
	* Patronymic
	* Altitude
	* Avatar URL, Bibliographical URL, FOAF URL, Homepage URL,
Publications URL, Resume URL, Status URL, Organizational URL, Weblog URL
	* Employee number, employee type, Manager

	and

	* Hair color, Height, Weight, Areas of expertise, Clubs, Dietary
preferences, hobbies, interests, license plate number, marital status,
Myers-Briggs type indicator,
	religious affiliation, sexual orientation, smoker, whishlist,
zodiac sign (western & chinese), Favorite
authors+beverages+charities+chatrooms+drinks+foods+games+movies+music+qu
otes+sportsTeams,
	places lived, schools attended

Do we need to  introduce some of them in the vCard spec ?

Thanks for you answers.
_______________________________________________
VCARDDAV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vcarddav

---

From: Chris Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:41:48 -0700

It's my opinion the vCard base spec should focus primarily on properties 
that are already vCard standards track plus synchronization issues.

A separate draft on "Common vCard Extension Properties" that covered many 
of the properties deployed in various other contexts would also be a good 
work item.  Even better if it had a different editor so work could proceed 
in parallel.

But the more attributes we add to the vCard base spec, the longer it will 
take to complete it so my default preference is to not add properties to 
the base spec regardless of whether or not they're good ideas.

		- Chris

---

From: Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 20:51:47 -0700

On Jul 11, 2008, at 2:41 PM, Chris Newman wrote:

> It's my opinion the vCard base spec should focus primarily on  
> properties that are already vCard standards track plus  
> synchronization issues.

I concur.  -- Kurt

>
>
> A separate draft on "Common vCard Extension Properties" that covered  
> many of the properties deployed in various other contexts would also  
> be a good work item.  Even better if it had a different editor so  
> work could proceed in parallel.
>
> But the more attributes we add to the vCard base spec, the longer it  
> will take to complete it so my default preference is to not add  
> properties to the base spec regardless of whether or not they're  
> good ideas.
>
> 		- Chris
>