Subject: [VCARDDAV] vcarddav WGLC on draft-ietf-vcarddav-{carddav,mkcol}

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:33:12 -0500

Hi,
 This is the working group last call for the following two documents:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav-05
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-webdav-mkcol-03

Please provide any comments to the wg mailing list
(mailto:[email-masked]) by March 9th 2009, 23h00 GMT.

Regards,
 Marc and Kurt, vcarddav wg chairs

-- 
=========
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca
Stun/Turn server for VoIP NAT-FW traversal: http://numb.viagenie.ca
DTN news service: http://reeves.viagenie.ca

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:13:24 +0100

Hi,

below are some comments on draft-ietf-vcarddav-webdav-mkcol-03:

Section 1., paragraph 2:
OLD:

    This specification proposes an extension to the WebDAV MKCOL method
    that adds a request body allowing a client to specify WebDAV
    properties to be set on the newly created collection or resource.  In
    particular, the DAV:resourcetype property can be used to create a
    "special" collection, or other properties used to create a "special"
    resource.  This avoids the need to invent new MKxxx methods.

NEW:

    This specification defines an extension to the WebDAV MKCOL method
    that adds a request body allowing a client to specify WebDAV
    properties to be set on the newly created collection or resource.  In
    particular, the DAV:resourcetype property can be used to create a
    "special" collection, or other properties used to create a "special"
    resource.  This avoids the need to invent new MKxxx methods.

s/proposes/defines/

Section 2., paragraph 4:
OLD:

    Processing of XML by clients and servers MUST follow the rules
    described in Appendix A of [RFC4918].

NEW:

    Processing of XML by clients and servers MUST follow the rules
    described in Section 17 of [RFC4918].

Actually, I'd recommend to just borrow the relevant paragraphs from 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5323#section-1.4>. See also older message 
from Nov 2008: 
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/vcarddav/current/msg00702.html>.

Section 3., paragraph 2:
OLD:

    One or more DAV:set XML elements MAY be included in the DAV:mkcol XML
    element to allow setting properties on the collection as it is
    created.  In particular, to create a collection of a particular type,
    the DAV:resourcetype XML element MUST be included in a DAV:set XML
    element and MUST specify the expected resource type elements for the
    new resource, that MUST include the DAV:collection element that needs
    to be present for any WebDAV collection.

NEW:

    One or more DAV:set XML elements may be included in the DAV:mkcol XML
    element to allow setting properties on the collection as it is
    created.  In particular, to create a collection of a particular type,
    the DAV:resourcetype XML element MUST be included in a DAV:set XML
    element and MUST specify the expected resource type elements for the
    new resource, that MUST include the DAV:collection element that needs
    to be present for any WebDAV collection.

s/MAY/may/ - this doesn't deserve RFC2119 terminology; there may be 
similar places...

Section 5.2., paragraph 5:
OLD:

         <!ELEMENT mkcol-response (propstat+, ANY)>

NEW:

         <!ELEMENT mkcol-response (propstat+)>

(illegal DTD syntax)

Section 9., paragraph 5:
OLD:

     [W3C.REC-xml-20060816]  Maler, E., Paoli, J., Yergeau, F., Sperberg-
                             McQueen, C., and T. Bray, "Extensible Markup
                             Language (XML) 1.0 (Fourth Edition)", World
                             Wide Web Consortium Recommendation REC-xml-
                             20060816, August 2006,
                             <http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816>.

You want to cite: <http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-xml-20081126/>.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:13:24 +0100

Hi,

Section 1., paragraph 2:
OLD:

NEW:

s/proposes/defines/

Section 2., paragraph 4:
OLD:

NEW:

Section 3., paragraph 2:
OLD:

NEW:

NEW:

(illegal DTD syntax)

Section 9., paragraph 5:
OLD:

Best regards, Julian