Subject: [VCARDDAV] principal-match report versus DAV:current-user-principal in 9.3. Finding Address Books - link with SRV record

From: Arnaud Quillaud <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:41:27 +0100

Hello,

In 9.3. Finding Address Books, the principal-match report is advertised 
as a mean to locate one's principal-url and addressbook-home-set.

But it does not explain which target url to use when making the report 
(principal-collection-set ?).

It would be really nice to make the link between Section 11 (definition 
of an SRV Records to locate an address book server) and this section. 
Should  a client use the root (/) collection of the server defined in 
that SRV record as the principal-collection-set ? Or issue a propfind on 
that root collection to locate the principal-collection-set ?

Finally, wouldn't it be worth mentioning the DAV:current-user-principal 
(maybe combined with a DAV:expand-property report) as an alternative (or 
prefered) way to retrieve the same info ?

Arnaud Q

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 22:58:43 -0500

Hi Arnaud,

> prefered) way to retrieve the same info ?

I've added a new section 9.3 entitled "Client Configuration" that discusses 
use of SRV and current-user-principal to bootstrap client settings. I have 
changed the original section 9.3 to now only discuss finding other users' 
address books, i.e. use of principal-match has been removed - that never 
worked well and current-user-principal was designed to be the right way to 
do that.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo