Subject: [VCARDDAV] New draft: draft-george-vcarddav-vcard-extension-00

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 10:26:29 -0500

Hi folks,
Whilst browsing the I-D repository I just saw this recent draft popup:

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-george-vcarddav-vcard-extension-00>

This is extending vCard with "Social Network" properties.

I had a quick look and noticed some potential duplication with base spec 
items, e.g. the proposed "onlineChatAccount" property seems to be the same 
as the "IMPP" property we have now defined in the base.

There are several other issues with this: e.g. it does not define how to 
group properties by social networking site (given that people often have 
accounts on many different sites this is important).

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:44:11 +0000

> Whilst browsing the I-D repository I just saw this recent draft popup:

Hi Cyrus,

> I had a quick look and noticed some potential duplication with base 
> spec items, e.g. the proposed "onlineChatAccount" property seems to be 
> the same as the "IMPP" property we have now defined in the base.
>
> There are several other issues with this: e.g. it does not define how 
> to group properties by social networking site (given that people often 
> have accounts on many different sites this is important).

Authors have asked for some time to present the document during the WG 
meeting in SF.

A more complete list would be appreciated.

---

From: Joseph Smarr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 08:25:45 -0800

Cyrus-I would also love some time at IETF to talk about Portable Contacts,
which among other things includes a lot of overlapping work to bridge
traditional contact info and current social networking fields, and has
already been adopted my many large players. Do I have to submit a formal
request somewhere, or is emailing you like this sufficient (I'm new to
ietf)? :)

Thanks! js

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Alexey Melnikov
<[email-masked]>wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> VCARDDAV mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vcarddav
>

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 11:36:51 -0500

Hi Joseph,

--On March 5, 2009 8:25:45 AM -0800 Joseph Smarr <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Cyrus-I would also love some time at IETF to talk about Portable
> Contacts, which among other things includes a lot of overlapping work to
> bridge traditional contact info and current social networking fields, and
> has already been adopted my many large players. Do I have to submit a
> formal request somewhere, or is emailing you like this sufficient (I'm
> new to ietf)? :)

It is up to the Chairs to decide - hopefully they will have seen your 
message to the list and can respond.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo