Subject: [VCARDDAV] I-D Action:draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 13:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the vCard and CardDAV Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : vCard Format Specification
	Author(s)       : S. Perreault, P. Resnick
	Filename        : draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-06.txt
	Pages           : 74
	Date            : 2009-03-05

This document defines the vCard data format for representing and
exchanging a variety of information about an individual (e.g.,
formatted and structured name and delivery addresses, email address,
multiple telephone numbers, photograph, logo, audio clips, etc.).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:33:45 -0500

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-06.txt

Fairly big release. Changelog:

   o  Corrected omission of resetability to text value for RELATED.

   o  Let KEY value type be reset to a URI value.

   o  ABNF fixes.

   o  Made gender values extensible.

   o  Gave the PREF parameter a positive integer value.

   o  Removed usage of the undefined "word" ABNF production rule.

   o  Defined property cardinalities.

   o  Defined properties allowable in WORK and HOME groups.

   o  Simplified the LANG property to use the vCard preference
      mechanism.

   o  Created the "language-tag" value type.

   o  Added PID to ABNF of SOURCE allowed parameters.

   o  Clarified escaping rules.

   o  Changed ABNF definition of non-standard X- properties.

   o  Removed TYPE parameter from EMAIL properties in examples.

   o  Created the CLIENTPIDMAP property.

   o  Changed PID value to a pair of small integers.

   o  Completely reworked synchronization mechanisms.

   o  Created brand new synchronization example.

-- 
STUN/TURN server    --> http://numb.viagenie.ca
Interplanetary news --> http://reeves.viagenie.ca
vCard 4.0           --> http://www.vcarddav.org

---

From: Markus Lorenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 22:29:02 +0100

Secion 9. Formal Grammar:

I think the cardinality "*" is missing in the definition of quoted-string:
    quoted-string = DQUOTE QSAFE-CHAR DQUOTE
Should be:
    quoted-string = DQUOTE *QSAFE-CHAR DQUOTE
Otherwise there would only one QSAFE-CHAR character be allowed between
the quotes.

The line "img-inline-param" is there twice, one without any formal
assignment.

I'm a little bit confused with the "VALUE"-parameter. There are a lot of
VALUE-parameters in examples where I can't find them in the formal
grammar. Like
    BDAY;VALUE=text:circa 1800
in 7.2.5 BDAY.
According to formal grammar BDAY only allows "date" and "date-time".
In 7.5.1 TZ there is the example
    TZ;VALUE=text:-05:00; EST; Raleigh/North America
although TZ does not allow any parameters.

Section 6 defines "general property parameters" which are
"encodingparam", "valuetypeparam", "languageparam", "pref-param" and
"pid-param". Does this mean that they are allowed without restriction in
each property? If so, why are the pref-param and pid-param explicitly
mentioned in most proberty definitions and why not value-, encoding-,
type-, and language-param?

Section 6 also defines the allowed "valuetype"-values as "uri", "text",
"date", ... But it does not define "ptext" as used in the definition of
    text-param   = ("VALUE" "=" "ptext")
in formal grammar.

Regards,

Markus