Subject: Re: [VCARDDAV] More types for RELATED

From: Renato Iannella <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 14:28:13 +1000

I fully support the RELATED types proposed here [1].

I would also suggest two additional types:
  - "Family" - Any family-related individual (eg allow for cousins,  
grandparents etc).
  - "Colleague" -  Any work-related individual (equivalent to Friend  
in the home context)

Also, It would be good if we could support reciprocal supervisor types.
We now have  "Manager"  - which is your immediate supervisor, but  
nothing to  indicate the people this contact supervises.

Suggest we change Manager to:

* "supervisor" means that the related individual is the direct manager  
of the individual this vCard represents.

* "supervise" means that the related individual is directly managed by  
the individual this vCard represents.

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA

[1] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/vcarddav/current/msg00787.html