Subject: Re: [VCARDDAV] CATEGORIES enhanced

From: Sly Gryphon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 23:20:12 +1000

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
> On Tuesday 30 June 2009 01:33:42 Renato Iannella wrote:
>   
>> On a related topic....CATEGORIES is the the only pluralistic property
>> (all others are singular).
>>
>>     
> Any plans to change it to CATEGORY (aka ISO11179 conformant)Since it was present under this name in vCard 3.0, I would argue against 
> changing it.
>
> Simon
>   
There are already several breaking changes that mean that vCard 4.0 will 
not be backward compatible with earlier versions.

I think the chance to update to use consistent names (especially if they 
better conform with meta-data naming standards) should not be missed.  
Note that the actual base field name has not changed, just the ending, 
so there isn't a debate over the actual name, just the way the name is 
formed.

I would be happy to support CATEGORY as the field name.

Sly