Subject: [VCARDDAV] draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardxml-00

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:16:41 -0600

Here are a few comments on draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardxml-00...

1. First, it's great to see this as a WG item!

2. It might be a nice gesture to make informational reference to the
early work by Frank Dawson on an XML representation of vCard.

3. We need an IANA considerations section for registering the URN
sub-namespace "urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:vcard-4.0".

4. Quoting of vCard properties is inconsistent in the text (e.g., 'the
"FN" property' vs. 'the N property').

5. The extensibility section could use some more examples. I'd be happy
to provide some.

6. This text seems to forbid all extensibility:

   A vCard XML parser MUST ignore elements that are not part
   of this specification.

I think we mean to say something like this:

   A vCard XML parser MUST ignore XML data qualified by a
   namespace it does not understand.

7. Typo: origiginal

I haven't yet had time to review the Relax NG schema.

Peter

- --
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:22:26 -0400

> 1. First, it's great to see this as a WG item!

:)

> early work by Frank Dawson on an XML representation of vCard.

Thanks for reminding me of it.

> sub-namespace "urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:vcard-4.0".

Yes!

Added.

> "FN" property' vs. 'the N property').

I added double quotes around all instances I could find.

> 5. The extensibility section could use some more examples. I'd be happy

Please do!

>    namespace it does not understand.

Yes, definitely. Changed.

> I haven't yet had time to review the Relax NG schema.

Good, it has changed significantly in -01. I'll publish it soon so you can
review it during your flight. ;)

Thanks,
Simon
-- 
DNS64 open-source   --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server    --> http://numb.viagenie.ca
vCard 4.0           --> http://www.vcarddav.org