Subject: Re: [VCARDDAV] VCARDDAV Digest, Vol 26, Issue 48

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 02:35:29 -0700

The IETF is a bit of an adhocracy :-)

To understand the process, a place to start is to have a look at the RFCs on the RFC process, and on the IETF. Then join the mailing groups you are interested in (like this one), and start posting.

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2026.txt

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3935.txt

S. Gryphon

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: VCARDDAV Digest, Vol 26, Issue 48

From: [email-masked]

Date: Tue, October 27, 2009 12:42 am

To: [email-masked]

If you have received this digest without all the individual message

attachments you will need to update your digest options in your list

subscription. To do so, go to

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vcarddav

Click the 'Unsubscribe or edit options' button, log in, and set "Get

MIME or Plain Text Digests?" to MIME. You can set this option

globally for all the list digests you receive at this point.

Send VCARDDAV mailing list submissions to

[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vcarddav

or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to

[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at

[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific

than "Re: Contents of VCARDDAV digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. how to propose for vCard? (Nick Levinson)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1

Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 23:06:11 -0700 (PDT)

From: Nick Levinson <[email-masked]>

Subject: [VCARDDAV] how to propose for vCard?

To: [email-masked]

Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

How do I propose enhancements to the vCard format?

I've been poking around vcarddav.org and the IETF sites but haven't found a way, but have seen about a hundred suggestions by other people, with responses. I proposed for the parallel provisions in HTML 5, but their editor said to submit directly to vCard for HTML5 to pick them up.

Thanks.

--

Nick

------------------------------

_______________________________________________

VCARDDAV mailing list

[email-masked]

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vcarddav

End of VCARDDAV Digest, Vol 26, Issue 48

****************************************

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 02:37:44 -0700

To understand the process, a place to start is to have a look at the
RFCs on the RFC process, and on the IETF. Then join the mailing groups
you are interested in (like this one), and start posting your ideas.
(However, it can be a good idea to read the archives first to see if
there is previous discussion on the same topic.)

Sly Gryphon