Subject: [VCARDDAV] IETF 76, Hiroshima 2009-11-12 meeting minutes

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 19:05:58 +0900

Please find meeting minutes written based on Tom's notes. Please send 
diffs if needed.

Marc.

=====
IETF Vcarddav working group
Minutes of IETF 76 meeting, Hiroshima, JP
November 12, 2009

1. Administrativia

2. vcard4 update (Perreault, Resnick)
   draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev

There are two remaining issues that have been discussed during the 
meeting and are to be resolved in the mailing list. The working group 
agreed that after the two issues are resolved, the draft can go to 
working group last call.
The first issue is what to define for the KIND property. The second 
issue is how to specify the XML property in the basic vcard specification.

3. vcard-xml update (Perreault)
  draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardxml

A suggestion that got concensus was: The <type> element should contains 
text instead of elements.
The wg chair will request additional reviewers to the Apps area AD.

4. carddav IESG/reviews issues resolution (Daboo)
  draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav

IESG review produced 2 DISCUSS. A new draft was published just before 
the meeting which includes the comments received during IESG and other 
area reviews. One DISCUSS has been removed. The one remaining is about 
the registration of the SRV record without a port number, which can not 
be done today, but being discussed in the TSV area. A resolution of this 
issue is coming in the TSV area, but not yet done. Given that the 
carddav draft has a normative dependency on the vCard 4.0 draft which is 
not yet WGLC, the concensus is to wait until the end of the year to see 
if the SRV record registration will be fixed by that time. The AD will 
monitor that situation with the WG chair and come back to the wg early 
next year.

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 06:58:27 +0900

> Minutes of IETF 76 meeting, Hiroshima, JP

I'm sorry that I was not able to attend -- I was running another session
at the time.

> The wg chair will request additional reviewers to the Apps area AD.

I shall put out a call for help in the Apps-Review Team.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/