Subject: Re: [VCARDDAV] XML and relaxng nits

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 15:16:13 -0500

Sorry for taking so long to reply...

On 2009-11-25 07:04, Julian Reschke wrote:
> - also: using RelaxNG as notation is good; I'd recommend to make the
> references easier to discover by adding the spec URLs though (example:
> <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4287#section-9.2>)

How do you produce that with xml2rfc? I have tried many ways, but they 
all failed...

Thanks,
Simon
-- 
NAT64/DNS64 open-source --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server        --> http://numb.viagenie.ca
vCard 4.0               --> http://www.vcarddav.org

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 22:19:08 +0100

> How do you produce that with xml2rfc? I have tried many ways, but they

The latter? Add a target attribute with the URL to the <reference> 
element...

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 08:22:50 -0500

> The latter? Add a target attribute with the URL to the <reference>

This:

<reference anchor='relaxng-compact' 
target="http://www.relaxng.org/compact-20021121.html">

...doesn't compile. It says:

Can't resolve xref target xml_property around input line 240
key not known
     while executing
"::${basename}::pkgconfig get scriptdir,runtime"

..which is expected according to the xml2rfc draft's description of the 
target attribute:

The reference element also has an optional target attribute that is used 
for external references (c.f., Section 2.3.1.6 (The eref Element)). The 
XML application, if producing an HTML version of the document will use 
the target attribute accordingly; however, if the name attribute of the 
seriesInfo element has the value "RFC", then the XML application should 
automatically provide an appropriate default for the target attribute 
(e.g., http://example.com/in-notes/rfc2200.txt).

I also tried this:

<reference anchor='relaxng-compact'>
<front>
<title abbrev='RELAX NG Compact'>RELAX NG Compact Syntax</title>
<author initials='J.' surname='Clark' fullname='James 
Clark'><organization/></author>
<date year='2002' month='November' />
</front>
<format type='HTML' target='http://www.relaxng.org/compact-20021121.html' />
</reference>

...but the URL isn't displayed in the text output.

Thanks,
Simon