Subject: [VCARDDAV] Issue in vcardrev-11 with LANGUAGE examples?

From: Markus Lorenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 01:59:15 +0200

Hey guys,

I'm a bit confused about the first illegal example in section "5.1.
LANGUAGE".

The description says:

   Properties with different LANGUAGE parameters that represent the same
   data count as 1 toward cardinality and MUST have the same PID value
   if the PID parameter is used.  This is because there is logically a
   single property which is expressed in multiple languages.

The legal examples is the following:

     BIRTH;LANGUAGE=fr:Ville de Quebec
     BIRTH;LANGUAGE=en:Quebec City

These LANGUAGE parameters represent the same data. Therefore they count
as 1 towards cardinality. If the PID is used it MUST have the same value
for both parameters, because they represent the same data. Inserting a
PID with value 1 to the legal example leads to this:

     BIRTH;PID=1;LANGUAGE=fr:Ville de Quebec
     BIRTH;PID=1;LANGUAGE=en:Quebec City

This is similar to the first _illegal_ example!

I took the legal example and added the PID parameter according to the
rule stated in the description. Can anyone tell me what's illegal about
it? Or is it a mistake in the specification?

Regards,

Markus

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 16:01:33 -0400

> This is similar to the first _illegal_ example!

Yes I'm confused as well. I can't find traces of how I got it this way. 
I think you're right. I'll change the example so that the two cases 
above are legal.

Thanks,
Simon
-- 
NAT64/DNS64 open-source --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server        --> http://numb.viagenie.ca
vCard 4.0               --> http://www.vcarddav.org