Subject: Re: [VCARDDAV] UID - why singular, not plural/ multiple?

From: "Andy Mabbett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 15:30:49 +0100

[apologies - I just sent this reply direct to Simon]

On Sun, July 25, 2010 15:02, Simon Perreault wrote:
> Andy Mabbett wrote, on 07/25/2010 03:45 PM:
>> However, should we not consider (not least given the growing importance
>> of
>> linked data) a vCard property for URLs which act as identifiers (in the
>> looser sense, such as the Shakespeare examples above), as opposed to the
>> URL of the subject's own website? The use of such URLs would facilitate
>> a
>> greater amount of matching, even in cases where UIDs are not available.
>
> You just described the SOURCE property! ;)

I'd never thought of SOURCE in that context; but yes. Thank you.

When all the dust is settled, I'll be happy to work on a plain-language
guide to the spec ;-)

-- 
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk