Subject: [VCARDDAV] Status of text/directory

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 18:52:47 +0200

Hi,

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-13 notes in
the registration of "text/vcard"

  In addition, the following media types are known to have been used
  to refer to vCard data.  They should be considered deprecated in
  favor of text/vcard.

    * text/directory
    * text/directory; profile=vcard
    * text/x-vcard

and later in the document

  [RFC2425] and [RFC2426] have been merged.  Initially [RFC2425]
  was intended to be extensible but only 2426 ever extended it.

and upfront

  Obsoletes: 2425, 2426, 4770

I am unsure where that leaves RFC 2927 and whether this is meant to
mark text/directory for all purposes as an obsolete type. If it is
meant to mark the type obsolete, this should be done in a separate
sub-section of the IANA considerations section (e.g., by including
the registration template and set the Intended Usage field to OBSO-
LETE, or at least by specifically instructing IANA to mark the type
as obsolete in the type registry and update the references).

regards,
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/