Subject: [VCARDDAV] I-D Action:draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 11:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the vCard and CardDAV Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : vCard Format Specification
	Author(s)       : S. Perreault, P. Resnick
	Filename        : draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-13.txt
	Pages           : 84
	Date            : 2010-08-02

This document defines the vCard data format for representing and
exchanging a variety of information about individuals and other
entities (e.g., formatted and structured name and delivery addresses,
email address, multiple telephone numbers, photograph, logo, audio
clips, etc.).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 14:28:28 -0400

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-13.txt

This revision addresses comments received after WGLC, as well as
comments received during the working group meeting in Maastricht. Here
is the change log:

   o  Changed global ABNF to make explicit that VERSION comes first.

   o  Reworked example for LANGUAGE property. (Now part of ALTID.)

   o  s/TYPE/FMTTYPE/ in two examples.

   o  Allow LANGUAGE parameter for text-valued BDAY, DDAY, and RELATED.

   o  Tightened language on LANGUAGE parameter regarding cardinality.
      (Now part of ALTID.)

   o  Removed the NAME property.

   o  Adjusted semi-colon escaping rules.

   o  Added the ALTID parameter.

Simon
-- 
NAT64/DNS64 open-source --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server        --> http://numb.viagenie.ca
vCard 4.0               --> http://www.vcarddav.org

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 14:33:50 -0400

Group,
  as discussed during the Maastricht meeting, there was a concensus that 
we don't need to issue a formal second WGLC on the revision of the 
document, but instead give 1 week to review and react if anything wrong 
has been introduced. Given european vacation time, I'll be sending this 
document to IESG by monday august 16th. so please send your comments to 
the list before that date.

Marc.

-- 
=========
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca
Stun/Turn server for VoIP NAT-FW traversal: http://numb.viagenie.ca
DTN news service: http://reeves.viagenie.ca
NAT64-DNS64 Opensource: http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca

---

From: Tantek Çelik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 18:11:57 -0700

Hi Marc,

Please consider extending / having a formal second WGLC on the
revision of the document.

I've been looking over the document with other folks from Mozilla and
we have quite a few concerns with the apparent divergence that is
happening with vCard4 vs. for example Portable Contacts.  Divergence
both in terms of schema overall, and schema details (like the
sub-properties of the N property).

I'll follow-up with more detailed feedback on specific points of the
spec, but I wanted to make sure to at least raise this overall issue
in the hopes that we can decide on extending WGLC to work together in
this group to converge vCard4 and Portable Contacts.

Thanks for your consideration,

Tantek Çelik

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Marc Blanchet
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Group,
>  as discussed during the Maastricht meeting, there was a concensus that we
> don't need to issue a formal second WGLC on the revision of the document,
> but instead give 1 week to review and react if anything wrong has been
> introduced. Given european vacation time, I'll be sending this document to
> IESG by monday august 16th. so please send your comments to the list before
> that date.
>
> Marc.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> VCARDDAV mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vcarddav
>

-- 
http://tantek.com/ - I made an HTML5 tutorial! http://tantek.com/html5

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 22:44:57 -0400

> Hi Marc,

thanks for participating.

> revision of the document.

that is kind of super late in the process. We have been discussing about 
vcard4 for quite a while.

> sub-properties of the N property).

we would love to have the most interoperability possible.

> this group to converge vCard4 and Portable Contacts.

I would really like to see your specific/detailed points _ASAP_. When 
that comes in, then we can see how far, what is needed, what is the wg 
temperature for this. Please send your points _ASAP_.

thanks for contributing.

Regards, Marc.

---

From: Tantek Çelik <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:00:06 -0700

> vcard4 for quite a while.

I apologize for the lateness of the request, I've been following the
list and the extent of the (apparent) problems has only really become
more clear to me as I've had a chance to talk with a few others in
person.

> we would love to have the most interoperability possible.

That is great to hear.

> I would really like to see your specific/detailed points _ASAP_. When that
> comes in, then we can see how far, what is needed, what is the wg

I've been in W3C CSS Working Group meetings all week and hope to start
sending specific items soon.

Thanks again for your consideration, I will start writing up the
items, one per message so they can be tracked.

Tantek