Subject: [VCARDDAV] beijing meeting

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:14:31 -0400

Hello,
  I have requested a 1 hour slot for Beijing. I currently see three 
agenda items:
- coordination/convergence/... with w3c/poco/oma/...
- vcardrev/vcardxml wg last call results and next steps
- social networking draft (however, no new draft yet.)

Comments?

Marc.
-- 
=========
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca
Stun/Turn server for VoIP NAT-FW traversal: http://numb.viagenie.ca
DTN news service: http://reeves.viagenie.ca
NAT64-DNS64 Opensource: http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:17:09 -0600

> - vcardrev/vcardxml wg last call results and next steps

Just FYI, before Beijing I will find time to work on an encapsulation of
vcardxml in XMPP and a mapping from the old Jabber vCard work to the new
approach. See here for a reference:

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0054.html

I think this will be a helpful "proof of concept" for re-use of the
vCard4 XML format, and *might* result in a few more post-WGLC comments.

> - social networking draft (however, no new draft yet.)

In the Jabber community we had also started work on a very generic XMPP
extension for user profiles:

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0154.html

We deliberately stopped work on it pending the vCard4 progress, and
might port some of that over to the social networking draft or other
I-Ds. But that's not as pressing as replacing XEP-0054 ("vcard-temp").

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/