Subject: [VCARDDAV] three questions

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 22:02:35 -0600

<hat type='AD'/>

Folks, as part of my due diligence in determining the most appropriate
next steps for draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev and
draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardxml, I have three questions for those who think
it is too soon to proceed with an IETF Last Call...

1. Please explain more completely what it would mean to "fully address
convergence concerns" or "reach convergence regarding serious
outstanding issues of incompatibility" between vCard4 and other actively
developed contact formats (e.g., what exactly would be the deliverable,
what would be the criteria for determining whether such a deliverable
has achieved its objectives, and whose responsibility would it be to
complete such a deliverable?); you will receive extra credit for
explaining why such work needs to be a blocker for IETF Last Call and
how such work is within the current charter of the VCARDDAV WG (or how
the charter would need to be adjusted to accommodate such work):

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/vcarddav/charters

2. Please specify how long you think it is reasonable to wait before it
would be appropriate for the VCARDDAV WG to seek an IETF Last Call,
based on your best estimate of the scope of work you propose; is this a
matter of a few weeks, a few months, less than a year, more than a year?

3. Because an IETF Working Group is a group of individuals who do work,
please specify what work you will do to achieve the goals you advocate;
e.g., will you submit specific open issues to this list, propose text
for solving those issues, provide detailed reviews of the vCard4 spec,
or document the divergences you perceive in the form of a gap analysis
(preferably published as an Internet-Draft for archival purposes)?

Thank you for your assistance.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/