Subject: [VCARDDAV] Changes to the N property

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 10:28:06 -0400

> * Use "family name" as a primary (perhaps with "also known as
> surname") since vCard3 referred to "family name", and hCard adopted
> that wording in the subproperty "family-name".

Sure, consider it done. English is not my primary language so I don't
know what term is most often used.

> * Consider allowing multiple family names. In my experience giving
> microformats workshops around the world, I have found that there are
> languages/cultures that actually use multiple family names in
> practice, e.g. in Spain.

That's already possible with the ABNF we have. Also:

"Each component can have multiple values."

" Individual text components can include multiple text values separated
by the COMMA character (ASCII decimal 44)."

> * Restore the "additional name" structural component that was in
> vCard3 for better schematic compatibility.

Do you mean having a component that MUST be empty, or something else?

Simon
-- 
NAT64/DNS64 open-source --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server        --> http://numb.viagenie.ca
vCard 4.0               --> http://www.vcarddav.org