Subject: [VCARDDAV] Calendar resource schema

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 10:37:41 -0400

Hi folks,
As the WG considers reviews new extension documents, I would like to 
request that we also consider 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cal-resource-schema/>. This 
document defines both vCard and LDAP attributes to cover common calendar 
resource scheduling requirements (e.g., things like room capacity, booking 
constraints). Several of these map to existing LDAP or vCard items, many 
are new. As such I think the vCard items are certainly in scope for this WG.

There is some dependence on the existing new work we are doing - the 
cal-resource spec already relies on KIND:thing as one resource kind, and we 
in fact show how the vCard KIND values map to LDAP - in particular we map 
thing to the LDAP 'device'.

So I would like to request the chairs to find some time to discuss this on 
the up coming call.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 09:23:20 -0600

<hat type='individual'/>

On 6/23/11 8:37 AM, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cal-resource-schema/>.

Thanks for the poke. I'll review this document if you'll review the
KIND:thing spec. :)

In general, if all the authors of the various extension drafts review
each other's documents, we'll have plenty of reviews...

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cal-resource-schema

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cauchie-vcarddav-oma-cab-extensions

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-daboo-carddav-directory-gateway

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-daboo-vcard-service-type

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-george-vcarddav-vcard-extension

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-vcarddav-vcard-id-property-extensions

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saintandre-vcarddav-thing

Thanks!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:35:11 -0400

On 2011-06-23 10:37, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> resource scheduling requirements (e.g., things like room capacity,
> booking constraints). Several of these map to existing LDAP or vCard
> items, many are new. As such I think the vCard items are certainly in
> scope for this WG.
> 
> cal-resource spec already relies on KIND:thing as one resource kind, and
> we in fact show how the vCard KIND values map to LDAP - in particular we
> map thing to the LDAP 'device'.
> 
> So I would like to request the chairs to find some time to discuss this
> on the up coming call.

I also think it's appropriate. It doesn't have "-vcarddav-" in the name,
but it's as much in scope as all the others on the list: it defined new
vCard element. (We're not discussing adoption at this time, nor will we
in the upcoming call.)

So if you plan to attend the upcoming call, please read this one as
well, and ideally post a review to this mailing list before.

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca