Subject: [VCARDDAV] review of draft-george-vcarddav-vcard-extension

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:18:27 -0600

This spec is still a bit rough around the edges, with several TODOs in
the text. That said, I have a few comments.

1. As I recall from FOAF, DEPICTION might be something like an avatar or
a video clip -- it's not limited to a photographic image.

2. There are many "social networking" properties outside of FOAF, so
usign only what's currently in FOAF is somewhat limiting. Borrowing from
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0154.html I'd mention at least the
following...

a. URLs for avatar (or actual avatar data), biography, online status or
presence, publication list, photo site, résumé / CV, weblog, wishlist

b. personal attributes like eye color, hair color, height, weight,
marital status, smoker / non-smoker, zodiac sign (both Chinese and
Western), psychological profile (e.g., Myers-Briggs Type Indicator)

c. other interesting facts such as areas of expertise, clubs of which
the object is a member, charitable organizations supported, dietary
preferences, hobbies, interests, profession, religious affiliation

d. various favorite things, such as activities, authors, individual
athletes as well as sports teams, beverages, charitable organizations,
chatrooms / IRC channels / forums, foods, games, movies, music, places,
quotes, TV shows, weblogs, websites

e. places lived, schools attended, conferences attended (complete list
of all IETF meetings you've been to?), etc.

The list goes on!

Clearly there is a *lot* of information that one could include under the
"social networking" umbrella. I don't know how much of that possible
universe the authors wish to represent here.

(Personally I'd be willing to help define a broader set of properties
than the few already included here, since I did quite a bit of thinking
about the topic several years ago when working on XEP-0154.)

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:37:17 -0600

To be clear, I sent this as an individual, not as an area director.

On 6/22/11 4:18 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> VCARDDAV mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vcarddav

---

From: Likepeng <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 07:15:24 +0000

I reviewed this draft.

It is simple and quite ready to go.

The only editorial comment I have is, [XMPP] is not mentioned in the spec, but only appeared in the informative reference. 

Maybe it is because it is appeared in the reference [XMPP-VCARD]? If it is the case, that is fine.

Kind Regards
Kepeng

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 22:16:53 -0600

> It is simple and quite ready to go.

I'm happy to hear it. :)

> Maybe it is because it is appeared in the reference [XMPP-VCARD]? If it is the case, that is fine.

It's cited in Section 2.

Thanks for reviewing the spec!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/