Subject: [VCARDDAV] Last Call: <draft-ietf-vcarddav-birth-death-extensions-00.txt> (vCard Format Extensions : place of birth, place and date of death) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:44:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the vCard and CardDAV WG (vcarddav)
to consider the following document:
- 'vCard Format Extensions : place of birth, place and date of death'
  <draft-ietf-vcarddav-birth-death-extensions-00.txt> as a Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-09-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The base vCard 4.0 specification defines a large number of
   properties, including date of birth.  This specification adds three
   new properties to vCard 4.0, for place of birth, place of death, and
   date of death.

Note

   Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested, and should
   be sent to [email-masked].

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-vcarddav-birth-death-extensions/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-vcarddav-birth-death-extensions/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:12:05 -0600

On 9/14/11 11:10 AM, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
> A fine document.  I support its publication.
> 
> Of course, you should have changed all references to vCard 4 to vCard 5,

There is no vCard5. The version in RFC 6350 is vCard4.

> and reference to VCARDDAV WG draft to RFC 6350. 

Naturally. That will be automatically updated by the RFC Editor anyway,
but it doesn't hurt to fix it before then.

> Also:
> 
>>     Syntax specifications shown here use the augmented Backus-Naur Form
>>     (ABNF) as described in [RFC5234], and are specified as in the base
>>     vcard specification [I-D.ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev].
> 
> I think the following should be enough:
> 
>>     Syntax specifications shown here use the Augmented Backus-Naur Form
>>     (ABNF) as described in [RFC5234].

I'll leave that up to the authors.

> Mykyta Yevstifeyev
> 
> 14.09.2011 18:44, The IESG wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/