Subject: [VCARDDAV] I-D Action: draft-salgueiro-vcarddav-kind-device-02.txt

From: Joe Marcus Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:44:32 -0400

Folks,

We have posted the -02 version of the vCard KIND:device draft and it is
now in the archives at [1].

This draft was meant to address the latest round of comments that were
raised on the list.  The diffs between the -01 and the -02 versions are
at [2].

The substantial changes included in the -02 version are:

- We stopped overloading TYPE and switched to using the RELATED concept
(thanks, Simon)

- We left UID for its intended purpose and added a serial number element
to the example.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-salgueiro-vcarddav-kind-device
[2]
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-salgueiro-vcarddav-kind-device-02.txt

Joe
-- 
Joe Marcus Clarke, CCIE #5384,         |          |
SCJP, SCSA, SCNA, SCSECA, VCP        |||||      |||||
Distinguished Support Engineer  ..:|||||||||::|||||||||:..
Phone: +1 (919) 392-2867         c i s c o  S y s t e m s
Email: [email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:20:29 -0400

> - We stopped overloading TYPE and switched to using the RELATED concept

Cool!

What value should be used for the RELATED property's TYPE parameter?

> - We left UID for its intended purpose and added a serial number element

Cool!

Where is this <serial-number> element defined?

Thanks,
Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca

---

From: Joe Marcus Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:38:03 -0400

> What value should be used for the RELATED property's TYPE parameter?

We talked about that.  The original (unpublished) -02 draft talked about
administrator, vendor, and installed RELATED type values.  However, we
do not want to hold up the progression of this draft while we try and
standardize those value types.  We don't need them to be standardized to
standardize KIND:device.

When we get progress on KIND:device, we will definitely propose a draft
for the additional RELATED value types.

> Where is this <serial-number> element defined?

Same thing as the RELATED value types.  We're using a private namespace
for now, but we want to propose some standard vCard additions in the
future (in a different draft).

Joe