Subject: [VCARDDAV] Registration of "group" parameter

From: Bert Greevenbosch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 02:07:56 +0000

Dear vcarddav and IANA,

The jcardcal WG would like to register the "GROUP" parameter. Please find the registration template below.

In the template, "RFCTODO" refers to the jCard specification:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcard/
The information about "GROUP" can be found in section 3.3.1.2.

We look forward to get in touch with the designated expert for this registration.

Best regards,
Bert
(jcardcal co-chair and jCard shepherd)

---

   [RFC6350] Section 3.3 defines a grouping construct that is used to
   group related properties together.  In jCard, a new GROUP parameter
   is introduced.  Its purpose is to eliminate the need for group syntax
   in jCard, thus unifying the general syntax with that of jCal.

   Namespace:  <empty>

   Parameter name:  GROUP

   Purpose:  To simplify the jCard format.

   Description:  The GROUP parameter is reserved for the exclusive use
      of the jCard format RFCTODO.  It MUST NOT be used in plain vCard
      [RFC6350], nor in xCard [RFC6351].  In jCard, the parameter's
      value is a single opaque string.  Conversion rules are as follows:

      *  From vCard to jCard, the group construct (see [RFC6350],
         Section 3.3, Page 7) is removed.  In its place, the GROUP
         parameter is added (lowercased, as any other parameter).  Its
         value is a string corresponding to the group name.  The name's
         case MUST be preserved intact.

      *  From jCard to vCard, the reverse procedure is performed.  The
         GROUP parameter MUST NOT appear in the resulting vCard.

   Format definition:  (Not applicable)

   Example:

   CONTACT.FN:Mr. John Q. Public\, Esq.

      in vCard is equivalent to

   [ "fn", { "group": "CONTACT" }, "text", "Mr. John Q. Public, Esq." ]

      in jCard.