Subject: [VCARDDAV] Review of draft-fukuda-vcarddav-phonetic-transcription-01.txt

From: Teiichiro Fukuda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 05:05:52 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
Feedback of everybody was reflected and the draft was updated.
I ask the opinion of a lot in this draft.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fukuda-vcarddav-phonetic-transcription-01

Thanks,

Teiichiro Fukuda

---

From: DataPacRat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 14:50:04 -0400

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fukuda-vcarddav-phonetic-transcription-01

Given that there's only the one field, now, it's probably safe to
shorten it from 'Phonetic Full Name' to 'Phonetic Name' (or, possibly,
'Name-Phonetic').

I'm not sure if you meant to use the 'Type' parameter in your second
example; instead of

PHONETIC-FULL-NAME;TYPE=IPA-X-SAMPA:jamada ta4oM;;

you may have meant something more like

PHONETIC-FULL-NAME;LANGUAGE=fonxsamp:jamada ta4oM;;

or

PHONETIC-FULL-NAME;LANGUAGE=jp-fonxsamp:jamada ta4oM;;

You may want to explicitly mention IPA as an option, which has its own
set of Unicode characters (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Phonetic_Alphabet#Unicode_charts
).

Thank you for your time,
--
DataPacRat
"Then again, I could be wrong."

---

From: Teiichiro Fukuda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 07:20:42 +0000 (UTC)

Thank you for feedback.

I intend to reflect content pointed out in the next version.

Thanks,

Teiichiro Fukuda