Subject: Re: [Venue-selection] USA

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 09:56:47 -0700 (PDT)

Brian,

There is no intent to avoid Vancouver and Toronto, we have already met 
there with good results as you say, and have plenty of feeback 
already. The point here was to ask for input on OTHER places in Canada 
that *might* be available for our dates, and for which we do not 
currently have feedback.

As you can imagine, the IETF is not the only group considering 
relocation of meetings out of the US.

Ole

On Sat, 1 Apr 2017, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> Sadly I have to agree with those who say "don't meet in the USA" for 
> the next few years. It's not a political or panic reaction: the risk 
> of deterring participation is quite high.
> 
> Canada: good. But why not repeat Vancouver and Toronto which worked well?
> 
> Regards
>    Brian Carpenter
> 
> 
>