Subject: [VIPR] 80th IETF ViPR Meeting Notes Posted

From: Daryl Malas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:56:33 -0600

All,

The meeting notes for the ViPR meeting at the 80th IETF meetings in Prague have been posted.

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/80/minutes/vipr.txt

Here are the primary action items captured from the meeting:

The following people agreed to review draft-jennings-vipr-overview-00
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jennings-vipr-overview-00):
- Mary Barnes
- Ken Fischer
- Marc Petit-Huguenin
- Richard Barnes
- Michael Procter

Please review and post comments to the mailing list as soon as possible to allow time for discussion prior to the next IETF meeting.  If you plan to review in the next month or two, please send Jon and I a note indicating when you plan to have your review completed.

Thanks,

Daryl

---

From: Ken Fischer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 09:55:52 -0600

In Prague I agreed to review the overview draft, and provide
comments/changes.  Based on some of the discussions at the meeting, I think
we should add something to Page 5, paragraph 3.  The private federations are
good, but limit innovation.  I think the private federation sentence should
be re-written to something like:

Though SIP is used between domains, it is typically through private
federation agreements.  While such agreements are positive, they cause a
"least common denominator" problem, which has limited the growth of advanced
SIP features, 
        and prevented the innovation that we expected SIP to drive.

Maybe this belongs some other place in the introduction, but I think this is
about more than just any-to-any for the sake of any-to-any.  Its about the
feature improvement that can flourish when non-supportive intermediaries are
removed from the path.

Ken